[Q] Several questions how to proceed (GT-i8160)
I have searched for solutions/guides about 9 hours now and yet I am not sure how to proceed. My problem is following:
I'm attempting to install CM 10.1 + Gapps in Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 GT-i8160 as instructed here [ROM][4.2.2][TeamCanjica] CyanogenMod 10.1
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 GT-i8160
Firmware: GT-I8160 NEE I8160XXMG2 (Nordic)
OS: Android JB 4.1.2
I have succesfully rooted the phone (e.g. Superuser and Titanium backup running on the phone) by these steps [GUIDE] Root Your Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160 [GB and JB]
Steps (Jelly Bean with Stock Kernel):
- First, Put the SuperSU Flashable Zip to your SD Card.
- Boot into Recovery Mode (Volume Up + Home + Power)
- Flash the CWM from stock recovery.
- Flash the SuperSU Flashable Zip from CWM recovery.
- Choose "Reboot System Now"
- Tadaa, now you have a rooted phone.
Here is a list of things what I have done:
- Downloaded CWM 6 by Shaaan from http://d-h.st/oZD
- Moved the zip file to external SD card via USB cable
- Downloaded SuperSU-v1.86
- Moved SuperSU-v1.86 zip file to external SD card via USB cable
- Turned phone power off
- Turned on Android recovery mode by pressing simultaneously volume up button, home button and power button
- In Android recovery mode I chose option "install zip file from SD card"
- Installed SuperSU-v1.86 from zip file (using Android recovery mode)
- Installed CWM 6 by Shaaan (using Android recovery mode)
After I finished installing CWM 6 it switched from Android recovery mode to CWM automatically.
- I chose option "reboot now" (using CWM 6)
My phone booted normally, SuperSU 1.86 was installed and I was able to run it. I also tested to run Titanium backup to ensure that my phone is rooted.
At this stage I turned power off from phone and entered again back to Android recovery mode. Since CWM 6 by Shaaan is temporary I had to install it again from zip file. When I am using CWM and choose option "install zip file from SD card" it shows up the following error message:
E: canít mount /sd card
I tried to format external SD card using Windows quick format. I set the file system to FAT32 and block size 4096. Then I copied CWM zip file back to external SD card, run it and tried to choose option "install zip file from SD card" again but I still received the same error as described above.
So my phone should be rooted at this stage but I'm not sure how I should proceed. One possible solution is attempt to install CM 10.1 + Gapps using Android recovery mode. I haven't tried out this yet because I'd not rather see my phone get bricked.
My questions are listed below:
1. Am I missing something, should I install something in other way?
2. Would it be safe to attempt install CM 10.1 + Gapps using Android recovery mode?
3. Should I perform factory reset and dalvik wipe before trying to install CM 10.1 + Gapps in Android recovery mode?
4. Is it necessary to use CWM? Should I use some other version of it?