[Q] Encrypt phone and removing the screen password

Tip us?

rodhash
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Encrypt phone and removing the screen password

Hi,

I think this 'encrypt phone' resource really handy but according to google, that password SHOULD be exactly the same password used for the lock screen (or pin).

In my case I have a password already set up to lock screen but I use Llama to remove that password when at home.

So my question is.. once encrypt is setup and later I remove the Lock screen password (as Llama does), will it mess up? Or cause any harm?

Thanks!

Droid_Monsta91
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Default To answer you

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodhash View Post
Hi,

I think this 'encrypt phone' resource really handy but according to google, that password SHOULD be exactly the same password used for the lock screen (or pin).

In my case I have a password already set up to lock screen but I use Llama to remove that password when at home.

So my question is.. once encrypt is setup and later I remove the Lock screen password (as Llama does), will it mess up? Or cause any harm?

Thanks!
Ive done a very similar thing with my device and when I removed the password it completely locked me out of my phone. I had to hard reset to get back in I wouldnt advise removing the password. Unless your 100% sure you wont be locked out
The Following User Says Thank You to Droid_Monsta91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]