5,606,465 Members 33,519 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Battery Status Bug (Still Charging after disconnected from USB)

Tip us?

EvilPotato123
Old
(Last edited by EvilPotato123; 19th December 2013 at 11:00 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Battery Low [Q] Battery Status Bug (Still Charging after disconnected from USB)

Hello.

I got a problem after updating to the latest CyanogenMod 11 from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2528113

I am always updating the latest Nightly Build and since the last update my battery status is showing 3-4%, the charging icon and the orange LED even when im not connected via USB!
Of course my battery is fully charged because it still lasts more then a day.

I read trough the thread and noone reported this bug so i assume that im the only one who got this problem.

My HTC One S:
Hboot: 2.15
Rooted
S-On
Android 4.4.2
CyanogenMod 11-20131216-NIGHTLY-ville
ClockworkMod 6.0.4.5

I tried to wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache and deleted the batterystats.bin but it didnt help.

Can anyone help me?
Thanks

staffman02
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Battery Low Battery / charge problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPotato123 View Post
Hello.

I got a problem after updating to the latest CyanogenMod 11 from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2528113

I am always updating the latest Nightly Build and since the last update my battery status is showing 3-4%, the charging icon and the orange LED even when im not connected via USB!
Of course my battery is fully charged because it still lasts more then a day.

I read trough the thread and noone reported this bug so i assume that im the only one who got this problem.

My HTC One S:
Hboot: 2.15
Rooted
S-On
Android 4.4.2
CyanogenMod 11-20131216-NIGHTLY-ville
ClockworkMod 6.0.4.5

I tried to wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache and deleted the batterystats.bin but it didnt help.

Can anyone help me?
Thanks
I'm having a similar issue except my htc one s is not rooted. But the orange charge indicator light stays on even after unplugged from the charger. I too tried wiping the cache. Battery apps show battery life is healthy.
In order to get the orange charge light indicator off, I have to restart the phone. But strangely enough, after a restart it won't take to a charge unless I restart the phone again.
So, I finally let the phone on all day to kill the battery and charged it for four hours while off. When I turned it back on the battery icon said it was at 96% charged - and I thought I finally fixed it. But when I unplugged the charger, the orange light did not turn off. ugh. So I restarted the phone and once again, the battery now says it's at 33%. WTF?!
Again, I wiped the cache partition; let the battery die, did complete charge while phone off; did a hard reset (held volume rocker and power button for 10 seconds). Other ideas?
Software info:
Android version: 4.1.1
HTC Sense version: 4+
HTC SDK API Level: 4.63