Please help me choose between Inspire 4G or Samsung Blaze..gift for mom

Tip us?

shaolin95
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 861
Default Please help me choose between Inspire 4G or Samsung Blaze..gift for mom

Greetings!
My mom's Nokia died and I want to get her a quick replacement. She is not techie but she got used to touch screen...so I was thinking that even though the HTC is older tech (at least from my research), at the used prices I have seen, the bigger display and better camera, would be a better choice for my mom than the faster Samsung Blaze with the 3.97" display.
At most she will be using it for some pics (which will stay in the phone for the most part as she has no computer) and receiving messages with photos that I send from my end for example...which is also why I feel the bigger screen is a better idea.
But then again, maybe I am missing something and the Blaze is just that much better. At least some benchmarks I saw should put it ahead of the HTC, that is for sure..and she may like the rich AMOLED color more too.

Any other choices you want to recommend are also welcome.

Regards!

Gayest quote ever from MST3K!
"You know Captain, every year of my life, I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful...if you just take the time to look at it.".

My Galaxy Note Games & Apps previews YOUTUBE channel

Somcom3X
Old
Thanks Meter 953

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post
Greetings!
My mom's Nokia died and I want to get her a quick replacement. She is not techie but she got used to touch screen...so I was thinking that even though the HTC is older tech (at least from my research), at the used prices I have seen, the bigger display and better camera, would be a better choice for my mom than the faster Samsung Blaze with the 3.97" display.
At most she will be using it for some pics (which will stay in the phone for the most part as she has no computer) and receiving messages with photos that I send from my end for example...which is also why I feel the bigger screen is a better idea.
But then again, maybe I am missing something and the Blaze is just that much better. At least some benchmarks I saw should put it ahead of the HTC, that is for sure..and she may like the rich AMOLED color more too.

Any other choices you want to recommend are also welcome.

Regards!
Well, it all goes down to the processor, then its built off of the features.
The inspire doesn't have a Front Facing Camera (FFC) or a fast processor. The blaze has a lower MP count than the Inspire as well as a smaller screen.
But both these devices are dated. Now, sticking with HTC sense or Samsung's TW is a different story.
Both of these skins are heavy and if you root it and install custom firmware, you'll notice a huge difference in the blaze's battery and performance compared to stock. Ex. With Heavy usage: 6-7hours on Tw. On a newer rom, lets say Carbon for example, i get a few more hours about 9-10 a day. Light usage will make the phone last 24 hours. I once hit 29 hours
Good luck

Want to support other phones? Donate a device to Team Carbon.
The Following User Says Thank You to Somcom3X For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shaolin95
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 861
Thanks amigo.
Oh compared to what she has, both are like super highend
She does not even do texting...just I am going to use it now to send her images via text to keep in touch so I guess either one will be fine now thinking it over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somcom3X View Post
Well, it all goes down to the processor, then its built off of the features.
The inspire doesn't have a Front Facing Camera (FFC) or a fast processor. The blaze has a lower MP count than the Inspire as well as a smaller screen.
But both these devices are dated. Now, sticking with HTC sense or Samsung's TW is a different story.
Both of these skins are heavy and if you root it and install custom firmware, you'll notice a huge difference in the blaze's battery and performance compared to stock. Ex. With Heavy usage: 6-7hours on Tw. On a newer rom, lets say Carbon for example, i get a few more hours about 9-10 a day. Light usage will make the phone last 24 hours. I once hit 29 hours
Good luck

Gayest quote ever from MST3K!
"You know Captain, every year of my life, I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful...if you just take the time to look at it.".

My Galaxy Note Games & Apps previews YOUTUBE channel