5,604,050 Members 47,101 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S4 Excessive Battery Drain

Tip us?

sd_dracula
Old
(Last edited by sd_dracula; 22nd December 2013 at 07:25 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Galaxy S4 Excessive Battery Drain

I have an international S4 I9505 with 4.3 and OmegaROM v17 and a 64gb sandisk class 10 card formatted to exfat.
I have installed FolderMount to put the large games on the SD card and now I keep getting a message that the SD card was removed and then inserted again.
It also makes the phone hot to the touch, I think it keeps doing that over and over and drains a lot of the battery too.

I had this card in my S3 for 6 months now and never an issue so the card is fine. I have formatted it once placed in the S4 of course.

Is there a fix for this?

asbanoglou
Old
Thanks Meter 48

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_dracula View Post
I have an international S4 I9505 with 4.3 and OmegaROM v17 and a 64gb sandisk class 10 card formatted to exfat.
I have installed FolderMount to put the large games on the SD card and now I keep getting a message that the SD card was removed and then inserted again.
It also makes the phone hot to the touch, I think it keeps doing that over and over and drains a lot of the battery too.

I had this card in my S3 for 6 months now and never an issue so the card is fine. I have formatted it once placed in the S4 of course.

Is there a fix for this?
Can you please post a photo with the battery usage of your phone and also download if you dont have already a wakelock detector app from play store and post a screenshot of that too.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 32 GB + 32 Gb class 10 SD
X-Note 12.0 Rooted with S5 Look
Arctic Black

sd_dracula
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by asbanoglou View Post
Can you please post a photo with the battery usage of your phone and also download if you dont have already a wakelock detector app from play store and post a screenshot of that too.
I believe the excessive drain was due to the fact that the sd card was constantly ejected by the OS. Seems to be a common issue.
So I did another long format and a chkdsk and it seems to have stopped doing that.
Also MediaStorage service was draining a lot, same on my old S3 so I have stopped it.
Since then things seem to have improved.
I'm sure there are way more thing I can turn off from boot that don't do anything useful but not sure which they are.