XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] battery low warning SGP 4.2

Tip us?

jmindset
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Default [Q] battery low warning SGP 4.2

Ok so a while back my galaxy player would give me 2 battery low warnings. The first was at 30 percent(I think) which was a robotic female voice. And the second was at 15 percent which just lets me know on screen the percentage. But recently it no longer gives me the first robotic female voice which was a lot cooler. My question is, why doesn't it warn me anymore? I'm pretty sure it wasnt an app. It was most likely connected with the stock rom.

Sent from my YP-GI1 using xda app-developers app

drakonizer
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmindset View Post
Ok so a while back my galaxy player would give me 2 battery low warnings. The first was at 30 percent(I think) which was a robotic female voice. And the second was at 15 percent which just lets me know on screen the percentage. But recently it no longer gives me the first robotic female voice which was a lot cooler. My question is, why doesn't it warn me anymore? I'm pretty sure it wasnt an app. It was most likely connected with the stock rom.

I'm guessing TalkBack was switched on under Settings/Accessibility. If you want it, try enabling it again.
The Following User Says Thank You to drakonizer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jmindset
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakonizer View Post
I'm guessing TalkBack was switched on under Settings/Accessibility. If you want it, try enabling it again.
Ok thanks I think that was problem. But why is it talking for everything? Lol it never did that before. As I type this, it does commentary for everything. Even when I click something. Can I control what it talks back for?

HellPie
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmindset View Post
Ok thanks I think that was problem. But why is it talking for everything? Lol it never did that before. As I type this, it does commentary for everything. Even when I click something. Can I control what it talks back for?

No... TalkBack and any other Accessibility service with TTS functionality will speak everything you can read on the screen. TTS was made for people that can't see or that have problems.

Sent from my YP-GI1 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to HellPie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jmindset
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellPie View Post
No... TalkBack and any other Accessibility service with TTS functionality will speak everything you can read on the screen. TTS was made for people that can't see or that have problems.

Sent from my YP-GI1 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah I noticed that. I just turned it off. It gets annoying after a while

The Following User Says Thank You to jmindset For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]