5,603,729 Members 37,269 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] n00b wanting to make a XMAS gift/app for my GF

Tip us?
 
mykull
Old
#1  
mykull's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 102
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Cool [Q] n00b wanting to make a XMAS gift/app for my GF

So it's the holidays and I'm very very poor right now. I've trying to think of things to make for my lady, and one thing that came to mind was an app! lol, she's on her phone a lot and she knows i love messing with my phone so I thought it'd be a cool idea to make her a custom app, something simple, maybe with a splash screen that shows a pic of us, and then into a love note, followed by some pics of us.

So that's my idea, I've tried making this on one app maker, the crappy conduit one, but every time i installed the APK on my phone (nexus5) it never showed any of the stuff i made on their site.

So here's the thing, does anyone know of a good and easy app maker I could use that would allow me to basically design it, and have it make the code for me, and the APK? I have eclipse setup on my system so i may be able to any editing and whatnot...but, seeing as time is a factor (i only have a few days) id love to get it done in a matter of a day at least.

any info or tips would be greatly appreciated, im no coding genius but i can follow directions quite well lol. Thanks!
 
trevor.bman
Old
#2  
trevor.bman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 174
Posts: 265
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Phoenix

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykull View Post
So it's the holidays and I'm very very poor right now. I've trying to think of things to make for my lady, and one thing that came to mind was an app! lol, she's on her phone a lot and she knows i love messing with my phone so I thought it'd be a cool idea to make her a custom app, something simple, maybe with a splash screen that shows a pic of us, and then into a love note, followed by some pics of us.

So that's my idea, I've tried making this on one app maker, the crappy conduit one, but every time i installed the APK on my phone (nexus5) it never showed any of the stuff i made on their site.

So here's the thing, does anyone know of a good and easy app maker I could use that would allow me to basically design it, and have it make the code for me, and the APK? I have eclipse setup on my system so i may be able to any editing and whatnot...but, seeing as time is a factor (i only have a few days) id love to get it done in a matter of a day at least.

any info or tips would be greatly appreciated, im no coding genius but i can follow directions quite well lol. Thanks!

i can help you get in to the play store if your intrested i have a developer acct ... im just not that good at coding so i could not be too much help on that end .... if you had more time i could build it for you but im slow.. but if you want it in the playstore send me the apk and ill see what i can do
 
mykull
Old
#3  
mykull's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 102
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor.bman View Post
i can help you get in to the play store if your intrested i have a developer acct ... im just not that good at coding so i could not be too much help on that end .... if you had more time i could build it for you but im slow.. but if you want it in the playstore send me the apk and ill see what i can do
oh nah man, i dont need it on the play store. this is just a personal thing for her. I would send her the apk to install on her phone (i'll probably be right next to her to show her how) and then she would just open it, read the note and swype through some pics of us. I just think it'd be cool for her to have an entire custom app that's her and I, instead of just some slideshow online that anyone can do these days.
 
trevor.bman
Old
#4  
trevor.bman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 174
Posts: 265
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Phoenix

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykull View Post
oh nah man, i dont need it on the play store. this is just a personal thing for her. I would send her the apk to install on her phone (i'll probably be right next to her to show her how) and then she would just open it, read the note and swype through some pics of us. I just think it'd be cool for her to have an entire custom app that's her and I, instead of just some slideshow online that anyone can do these days.
well watch a few you tube tuts lol that will get u started i use android studio to build my apps
 
mykull
Old
#5  
mykull's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 102
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor.bman View Post
well watch a few you tube tuts lol that will get u started i use android studio to build my apps
hey if i were to send you this APK i got from this ****ty conduit app maker (the app barely works on my phone, just doesnt show things properly) would you be able to edit it to work maybe?
 
trevor.bman
Old
#6  
trevor.bman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 174
Posts: 265
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Phoenix

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykull View Post
hey if i were to send you this APK i got from this ****ty conduit app maker (the app barely works on my phone, just doesnt show things properly) would you be able to edit it to work maybe?
no i would need the java key for that apk file to edit it ..... it may be possible but im not experienced enough to know how to do that
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

When Using GitHub, Don’t Skimp on Commit History

GitHub has become the epicenter of most open source development work that is posted … more

Verizon Droid DNA to Receive 4.4.2 KitKat + Sense 5.5 OTA This Thursday

The HTC Droid DNAis Verizon’s close cousin to the JapaneseHTC … more

Lucid Browser is Small, Lightweight, and Open Source

If there is one application category that certainly isn’t lacking in Android,and … more