Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,359 Members 40,652 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TUT]How to disassemble the LG Optimus Black P970

Tip us?

vali.cheche
Old
(Last edited by vali.cheche; 22nd March 2013 at 12:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouroboros12 View Post
sir gab. why didnt i saw this "A gray foam like, and a black rubber like just above the gray one"
all i saw were silver foil like sheets.
Well, opened mine a while ago (dead boot, needed JTAG, but that didn't work either, whatever...). Phone was a 1&1 Germany terminal, one of the first to come out on market.
It wasn't there, the pressure foamy 'device' . Maybe it is only in some terminals, or only added by Service guys as a preemptive measure against contact wear.

You can just add something there yourself, but be careful on the thickness, or you could damage the contacts due to much pressure. It should just keep it connected when snapped in, not press on it, after installing the back-plate. If even a small extra-pressure is applied, when pressing the back of your phone in your pocket, or else, can cause unwanted damage to the contact.

In regards to the tutorial pics, I really find it rude to the case and whatever may hide beneath it to use metal tools to snap out the safeties. I always use plastic tools specially designed for such tasks, they are really cheap and available online. This way no scratches occur and no possible damage to any loose rebel wire that may come in contact with the case's safety pins (just in case).

Cheers.

*[EDIT]*
Took another look, the foamy thingy is there, but it is stuck on the backplate, glued. There are actually more, one for every snap-in contact.

The Following User Says Thank You to vali.cheche For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rodga
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks
This thread help me sort out my phone
Sometimes it wouldnt charge, the power button wouldnt work and the speaker was on and off.
It seems they all use the same connector

gezaborbely
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Component identification

Hello

This is a very helpful thread. I have just disassembled mine. I was wondering what is this component? (i have attached the image because i cannot post outside links as a new member)
The component i am talking about is the one visible on the image number eight in the first post. It is the round and shiny/white element in the top-middle.

It looks like a battery but i am really not sure about that.
I have some issues with the phone. When i checked this component, it looked like an old battery that has bursted/exploded. It doesn't look that bad, but it is suspicious.
I have the service manual where almost everything is explained related to the interiors of this phone, beside this component.

Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	compround.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	2470145  

vali.cheche
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gezaborbely View Post
Hello

This is a very helpful thread. I have just disassembled mine. I was wondering what is this component? (i have attached the image because i cannot post outside links as a new member)
The component i am talking about is the one visible on the image number eight in the first post. It is the round and shiny/white element in the top-middle.

It looks like a battery but i am really not sure about that.
I have some issues with the phone. When i checked this component, it looked like an old battery that has bursted/exploded. It doesn't look that bad, but it is suspicious.
I have the service manual where almost everything is explained related to the interiors of this phone, beside this component.

Thank you!
I'm not sure, but I would put my money on it as being just a regular button battery, arc soldered there. Just like the one PC motherboards have. If this would not be there, every time you remove your phone's battery, the clock, and maybe some other stuff to, would reset.

It is not the vibration motor, that one is obviously somewhere else, and is big. :-p (I've seen phones with vib motors smaller then this battery.)

If you feel ok with a soldering gun and have a bit of skill, you can remove it, check its size with a caliper, and find a replacement. You can find calipers that will tell you the voltage and capacity of button batteries related to their dimensions.

Cheers.