5,605,766 Members 48,004 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

what is a kernel? newbie here

Tip us?
 
crayzajhie
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 49
Join Date: Oct 2013
Default what is a kernel? newbie here

first of all. what is a kernel? i dont have any idea what is a kernel.. i have experienced flashing a custom rom. rooting flashing CWM . but what is a kernel? im using SGA s5830. and curently using a custom rom (stock rom evolution 1.5) what kernel should i install?
 
-BRK-
Old
#2  
-BRK-'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 54
Posts: 257
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Incred!ble India
Quote:
Originally Posted by crayzajhie View Post
first of all. what is a kernel? i dont have any idea what is a kernel.. i have experienced flashing a custom rom. rooting flashing CWM . but what is a kernel? im using SGA s5830. and curently using a custom rom (stock rom evolution 1.5) what kernel should i install?
kernel is the heart of any operating sytem. the battery extender kernel in SRE1.5 would do just fine.
 
crayzajhie
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 49
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRKsays View Post
kernel is the heart of any operating sytem. the battery extender kernel in SRE1.5 would do just fine.
thanx sir. one more question. wel im a heavy user of SMS, camera, apps, games , music, whta rom should i use. SRE1.5 uses a lot of RAm. and sometime ican feel a lag. while opening apps.
 
-BRK-
Old
#4  
-BRK-'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 54
Posts: 257
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Incred!ble India
Quote:
Originally Posted by crayzajhie View Post
wel im a heavy user of SMS, camera, apps, games , music, whta rom should i use. SRE1.5 uses a lot of RAm. and sometime ican feel a lag. while opening apps.
experience with different roms are subjective to end users. only way to find best rom is trying them all by yourself. there is no best rom. I used ultimatum rom for a time. It is good. you can give it a try.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes