XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Updated OTA while rooted

Tip us?

BlueFireIce
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Updated OTA while rooted

Thought I had removed root and reset everything to factory some time ago, and saw a update was available, so I let it update, in the end it said it failed, however the phone booted and it shows its 4.3. And the phone is just acting weird, showing it has downloaded the same files over and over again even though the files don't exist etc etc.

I tried following all the steps to reflash the stock ROM and get everything back to normal then do the update, however, anytime I try and use Odin it fails.

Anyway to fix this?

jimchee
Old
Thanks Meter 32
if the bootloader was updated you will have to d/l the leaked MJ firmware, it's in the development section, are you able to see everything on the internal storage? Cause the weird acting sounds to me like an issue with your storage, if you don't care about losing everything a factory reset may be in order as first step, many times this will fix your issues, after OTA you should be unrooted

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

BlueFireIce
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimchee View Post
if the bootloader was updated you will have to d/l the leaked MJ firmware, it's in the development section, are you able to see everything on the internal storage? Cause the weird acting sounds to me like an issue with your storage, if you don't care about losing everything a factory reset may be in order as first step, many times this will fix your issues, after OTA you should be unrooted

I always have everything backed up, so that is not an issue, and I did a whipe/reset, and yes, I can access everything on the phone.

jimchee
Old
Thanks Meter 32
unfortunately att firmware has not been released yet by Samsung so the leaked version is all that's available right now you'll find it in the development section there is both rooted and knox versions

shortydoggg
Old
Thanks Meter 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimchee View Post
unfortunately att firmware has not been released yet by Samsung so the leaked version is all that's available right now you'll find it in the development section there is both rooted and knox versions

Here's some of the confusion around here once again.

There are the modified stock rooted versions and there is the leaked version. The leak version has its own bootloader and modem which you cannot flash with your official 4.3 build. The ROM itself may or may not work with your current modem and bootloader. Also the leak version is MJ2 while you're on MJB, different.

What you need is one of the modified stock versions for MJB found here.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2540998