LTE came to town

Tip us?

harmonyxda
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by uniquenameevo View Post
I've hit 30 down and eleven up in the twin cities...but your results are pretty normal for me on lte

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Signal strength only lights up half of the bars or less near my apt, so mostly it's below 20 down and sometimes less than 10. Don't know how reliable the speedtest app is, but had no problem with audio/video streaming.
There were a couple of times the spark hits over 50 down while up speed fell really low...
Hope sprint quickly improve lte coverage in the coming new year, as they said. Cheers ~

nrage23
Old
Thanks Meter 286
When LTE from Verizon first came here in Richmond, I was getting 40 to 50 down. I am lucky to get 20 any more.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app
Phone:

LG G2 (Verizon)
HTC One Max (Verizon)

Tablet:

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)

Nvidia Shield

Asus Transformer Book T100 64gb
Windows 8.1

Retired Phones: Droid DNA, HTC Rezound, Droid Bionic, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Evo 4g
Retired Tablets: Archos 5, Huwaei S7, Viewsonic G Tab, Acer A500, Asus Eee Pad Transformer, Galaxy 7 Plus, Nexus 10, Nexus 7 2013., Note 8.0, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

uniquenameevo
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonyxda View Post
Signal strength only lights up half of the bars or less near my apt, so mostly it's below 20 down and sometimes less than 10. Don't know how reliable the speedtest app is, but had no problem with audio/video streaming.
There were a couple of times the spark hits over 50 down while up speed fell really low...
Hope sprint quickly improve lte coverage in the coming new year, as they said. Cheers ~
Here's one for you. My iphone5 did not get LTE inside my house. My G2 does. I use wifi, but I had turned it off for a test, and forgot. It's funny, it will show LTE with Zero bars or the one tiny bar and I get around 5.5/1.5.

I don't know if they did tower work in the last month and a half. Either way, I am not unhappy. Speed tests are for fun...what I care is that it works. With a good LTE signal, it is faster than my "20Mb" DSL. I use pandora when I drive and love that it doesn't buffer constantly.