[Q] getting "not allowed" when trying to update TWRP

Tip us?

wolderiii
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] getting "not allowed" when trying to update TWRP

hello,
i am S-off, unlocked, hboot 1.54.0000 and currently running TWRP 2.6.3.3. I installed 2.6.3.3 on 11-4-13 however, i'm trying to update to 2.6.3.4 and in fastboot i am getting this error...
writing 'recover'... FAILED (remote: not allowed)

this is the command i'm running with the .img file in my sdk folder...
fastboot flash recover openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.4-m7vzw.img

i have searched the web and the only issue i find with HTC phones is that you will get this error if your bootloader is locked.... however mine is unlocked (confirmed looking at my phone right now in fastboot.

does anyone have any ideas on how i could install 2.6.3.3 last month, but this month i can't install TWRP via fastboot?

should i run the rumrunner s-off tool again to see if that fixes the issue?

i have been running cyanogen 10.2 and NOS 2.0 roms. i have tried switching back and forth and installing TWRP with each of these roms loaded and still no dice.

midnight assassin
Old
Thanks Meter 98
It looks like you're missing a y in your command if that's how you actually wrote the command.

If all else fails you can download flashify from the play store and use that to update the recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to midnight assassin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wolderiii
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight assassin View Post
It looks like you're missing a y in your command if that's how you actually wrote the command.

If all else fails you can download flashify from the play store and use that to update the recovery.

OMG. you are correct. i don't know how many times i've looked at that to check and even checked in TWRP recovery forum and never noticed it. Thanks for pointing out something that should have been painfully obvious!

fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.4-m7vzw.img

midnight assassin
Old
Thanks Meter 98
LOL, no problem. Flashify works too if you ever need it. I like to use fastboot too though.