recovery flashing problem!

Tip us?

cis314
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post recovery flashing problem!

Hi quick question on htc one verizon

How can I flash recovery after getting root on the phone? I tried all the known ways but it goes through the motion but when I chose recovery from the bootloader screen it says entering recovery but it doesn’t and it just reboots the phone.
Please help…

Chilidog
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by cis314 View Post

How can I flash recovery after getting root on the phone? I tried all the known ways but it goes through the motion but when I chose recovery from the bootloader screen it says entering recovery but it doesn’t and it just reboots the phone.
Please help…
Dude this is not the right section to be asking this in. And please use the search button next time. Mods please move this to the Q&A.

NaitsirkC
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
What known ways did you use to flash the recovery? Did you use adb with the command fastboot flash recovery recovery.img? By the way this is the wrong section for this.

luke61456789
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilidog View Post
Dude this is not the right section to be asking this in. And please use the search button next time. Mods please move this to the Q&A.
Dude it's probably an honest mistake I'm sure they will move it

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to luke61456789 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Flyhalf205
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4917

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cis314 View Post

Please help…
Make sure you are downloading the right recovery for the phone that is in this thread and not the main HTC One. That would make it fail to enter recovery. Try flashing in fastboot about two or three times and erase cache (fastboot erase cache) before flashing the recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke61456789 View Post
Dude it's probably an honest mistake I'm sure they will move it

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Seriously. Some people's first instinct is to attack rather than to help and teach them what to do first,
HTC Thunderbolt > HTC Incredible > HTC Incredible 2 > HTC Rezound > HTC DNA > HTC One > HTC One Max
TO MY PHONE FUND!!!
My GitHub: https://github.com/Flyhalf205?tab=repositories
The Following User Says Thank You to Flyhalf205 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wolderiii
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i also second the motion to make sure you are flashing the correct recovery image. either TWRP or CWM for Verizon, make sure you didn't grab one from another carrier, etc..