5,598,233 Members 47,214 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked Please Help

Tip us?

Yachter99
Old
(Last edited by Yachter99; 23rd December 2013 at 01:30 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Exclamation [Q] Bricked Please Help

After trying to update to 4.4 via the posted .zip my phone is now unable to get passed the bootloader, with the resulting error "Partition (boot) Security Version Downgraded Boot up Failed"

I have tried restoring factory via RSD Lite, House of Moto, fastboot, and through the device itself, all to no avail. Please help - I have never had a device end up this far gone and am in no desire of having an expensive paperweight.

This is a Non-Developer Edition Droid MAXX

Caseyk621
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachter99 View Post
After trying to update to 4.4 via the posted .zip my phone is now unable to get passed the bootloader, with the resulting error "Partition (boot) Security Version Downgraded Boot up Failed"

I have tried restoring factory via RSD Lite, House of Moto, and through the device itself, all to no avail. Please help - I have never had a device end up this far gone and am in no desire of having an expensive paperweight.
Check this out.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48742551

Sent From My KitKat Ultra

Yachter99
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseyk621 View Post
Check this out.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48742551

Sent From My KitKat Ultra
No luck with this flashing the recovery fails, the update.zip was wiped from phone and adb is unable to recognize device to push file over

sp47
Old
Thanks Meter 5
i have the same problem
you must wait until FXZ 4.4. KitKat Firmware will be released.
then flash it by fastboot
The Following User Says Thank You to sp47 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Yachter99
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp47 View Post
i have the same problem
you must wait until FXZ 4.4. KitKat Firmware will be released.
then flash it by fastboot
I suspected that'd be my only option... Any knowledge on how soon it will be released? is there a normal length of time that it usually takes?

sp47
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Yes you are right. It's not only yours option. Everybody of us with the same problem you have an opportunity to solve this waiting for SBF 4.4.
I think it will be in one or two weeks.
Don't panic your phone as mine is not hard bricked, it's only soft bricked. It's bootlocked - the main reason we cannot to downgrade to existing 4.2.2

Stay tuned.
The Following User Says Thank You to sp47 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wallace342
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachter99 View Post

I have tried restoring factory via RSD Lite, House of Moto, fastboot, and through the device itself, all to no avail. Please help - I have never had a device end up this far gone and am in no desire of having an expensive paperweight.

This is a Non-Developer Edition Droid MAXX
You are running into a similar problem that others (including myself) have, where the 4.4 update partially installed. If you try to SBF (using RSD Lite, HouseOfMoto, fastboot, or otherwise), It will not succeed because the bootloader doesn't like the fact that you wen't backwards to an older boot.img. Currently, we don't have a new boot.img from the KitKat update because that file is not contained anywhere in the update.zip (it only has a boot.img.p patch, rather than a whole new img file), and we don't have the SBF yet. Once the SBF comes out, this should fix the problem for you entirely as it will replace your boot.img, your recovery, and system partition regardless of their current contents.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wallace342 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]