XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I accidentally hit update PRL in my flashed s3

Tip us?

secsone
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default I accidentally hit update PRL in my flashed s3

I can get on internet but no mms or calls. Can I fix this thru my phone or do I have to use cdma tools (which I do not have on my laptop or really familiar with). I had it flashed at a local phone shop. I would greatly appreciate If you could point me in the direction to fix this rookie error
Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

El aye
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by secsone View Post
I can get on internet but no mms or calls. Can I fix this thru my phone or do I have to use cdma tools (which I do not have on my laptop or really familiar with). I had it flashed at a local phone shop. I would greatly appreciate If you could point me in the direction to fix this rookie error
Thanks

I believe there might be a way to update the PRL via the phone, but I'm not positive and I've never done it.

I don't think it would be terribly difficult for you to update the PRL via dfs demo (I can give you a link to it)... all you do is find your SPC for your phone, and use that along with another password (there are 2 that I know of for Sprint phones) to unlock the phone for flashing in dfs demo, go to a specific tab, load PRL file from computer, and press the write button.
The Following User Says Thank You to El aye For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

secsone
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yes that's sounds good, could you please post the link

KennyG123
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 23822

DONATE TO ME
Questions and Help issues go in Q&A
Thread moved
Thanks
FNSM

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here

JS_racer
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by secsone View Post
Thanks

settings, more, system update, update prl ??? not sure if it will work, but that's the location.
The Following User Says Thank You to JS_racer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bigpappags3
Old
Thanks Meter 2665
Try ##72786# in the dialer..your phone will reboot so don't panic. See if that works.

http://i.imgur.com/qrByUGN.jpg
The Following User Says Thank You to bigpappags3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

secsone
Old
(Last edited by secsone; 20th December 2013 at 02:50 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS_racer View Post
settings, more, system update, update prl ??? not sure if it will work, but that's the location.
thats what i did to mess it up lol, thanks tho

[QUOTE=bigpappags3;48665054]Try ##72786# in the dialer..your phone will reboot so don't panic. See if that works.

it did not work, when i go to settings>about device>status> under username it doesnt have my number anymore i think thats what i have to fix.

secsone
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
so i decided to become a big boy and fix my own problem lol, so if anyone needs easy fix here is what i did.

1. I installed cdmaflashingtool and samsung drivers at cdmaflasher dot com/Downloads/index.php cant post urls yet
2. called cricket for MIN which they provided at no hassle
3. followed the instructions from flashingtools that they provide ( software is free, cause i basically needed a half flash )