[Q] Need help with Samsung Galaxy S Blaze upgrade

Tip us?

twex1970
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Need help with Samsung Galaxy S Blaze upgrade

Hello,

I really need help and/or suggestions. Here's the situation. I have a Samsung Galaxy S Blaze sgh-t769 that at one time Kies suggested to upgrade firmware. So, it upgraded to ice cream sandwich. Few months after, i wanted to root my device. so i downloaded odin and the suggested other downloads and followed instruction. Long story short, it bricked my phone. So i downloaded the needed rom SGH-T769-UVLB7-k0nane and with Odin again, and brought things back to supposedly factory setting. Except, that it rom now is gingerbread. Here's the exact reading from device setting and about phone:
  • Android version: 2.3.6
  • Baseband version: T769UVMB1
  • Kernel vernsion: 2.6.35.11
  • Build #: GINGERBREAD.UVLB7

When I connect to Keis now it states"it's not supported by Kies". Device Software update stated, it's up to date.

I really would like to get ICS back into my device. How can i do that?

Somcom3X
Old
Thanks Meter 953

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by twex1970 View Post
Hello,

I really need help and/or suggestions. Here's the situation. I have a Samsung Galaxy S Blaze sgh-t769 that at one time Kies suggested to upgrade firmware. So, it upgraded to ice cream sandwich. Few months after, i wanted to root my device. so i downloaded odin and the suggested other downloads and followed instruction. Long story short, it bricked my phone. So i downloaded the needed rom SGH-T769-UVLB7-k0nane and with Odin again, and brought things back to supposedly factory setting. Except, that it rom now is gingerbread. Here's the exact reading from device setting and about phone:
  • Android version: 2.3.6
  • Baseband version: T769UVMB1
  • Kernel vernsion: 2.6.35.11
  • Build #: GINGERBREAD.UVLB7

When I connect to Keis now it states"it's not supported by Kies". Device Software update stated, it's up to date.

I really would like to get ICS back into my device. How can i do that?
What are you trying to do, stay on ics stock or go up to custom firmware?
All you got to do is install a rom through recovery.

Want to support other phones? Donate a device to Team Carbon.

twex1970
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somcom3X View Post
What are you trying to do, stay on ics stock or go up to custom firmware?
All you got to do is install a rom through recovery.
thank you for your reply. What i'm trying to do is get ics back. i'm not sure what rom to use for this. i got some, but end up gingerbread.

Somcom3X
Old
Thanks Meter 953

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by twex1970 View Post
thank you for your reply. What i'm trying to do is get ics back. i'm not sure what rom to use for this. i got some, but end up gingerbread.
I had the same issue when I first got the blaze. I had flash a ROM with ICS tw to get yet back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using Tapatalk

Want to support other phones? Donate a device to Team Carbon.