5,598,938 Members 30,982 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] how to update an app with losing previous data?

Tip us?

Craiglivesey94
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [APP] how to update an app with losing previous data?

Hey, this is probably slightly trivial for the likes of many on this forum but quite obviously for me, it isn't. So, I downloaded a game through none conventional methods, basically through Google search, downloaded the apk and game data and placed the obb file in it's appropriate place. I've recently finished the game while updates have been released. Because I haven't downloaded officially I am unable to acces these updates.

Is there anyway I can download these updates without corrupting my previous data? And if so, how do I go about doing this? The ideal solution would be a manual update that wouldnt restart my previous data. If this can't be done please do tell.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

One-X-master
Old
Thanks Meter 2035
if you just install the updated apk over nothing is happen...it just get updated but won't corrupt anything...but if you have to uninstall and install the new apk and the new game data then just backup your game data, the savegame files etc, with titanium backup...then you can uninstall and install the new apk and just restore the data and you have your progress back...

and also to you WRONG place to ask...next time please in Q&A as this is for themes and not questions
Its simple read before asking and use the search button and always be thankful its FREE!!!