XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Droid RAZR is dead, need to retrieve internal memory

Tip us?

deathmetalhobo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Droid RAZR is dead, need to retrieve internal memory

My Motorola Droid Razr Maxx started randomly shutting down and would only turn on with the charger. I know I should've backed everything up when this started happening, but I'm dumb and didn't. Well since the last time it shut down, nothing has been able to turn it on. I can plug it into my computer and get the white "insufficient charging" light, but when I plug it into a wall charger, I get nothing. I've tried the POWER and VOL keys trick so many times. I'm hopeless when it comes to the phone, but I would like to get the data off of the internal memory. Could someone help me find a schematic or pin layout of the internal memory card or maybe step by step how to connect it to a usb or SD card via some kind of hardware hack? I'm not sure if I have the Toshiba or the SanDisk chip, I don't have my screwdrivers with me at the moment to check. Any help would be very appreciated! Thank you.

Daniel120201
Old
Thanks Meter 26
So,
can you take the battery out of you RAZR? If so, you should get in Recovery or CWM and try to get everything via ADB.
I am Daniel Attard from Malta.

Check out my blog at: http://daniel1202.blogspot.com/