XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to check if bootloader is unlocked

Tip us?

RealiableCandy4
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Default How to check if bootloader is unlocked

Hi so I found some easy way to unlock bootloader from xperiafirmware(DOT)com (not allowed to post link because new account at xda) because Sony's official instruction are not mac user friendly (for me anyway). So i tried them and it want smoothly until i realised that sdcard was not wiped. So I'm doubting whether it is unlocked. The instructions where:

4. how to unlock your bootloader
a) download and install latest Flashtool from here (mirrors Google Drive or Mega)
b) start Flashtool and click on BLU button on the top
c) turn off your phone and when Flashtool shows pop up window, connect phone to PC with holding volume down button
d) click on get unlock key button, it will switch you to Sony Mobile website, here complete all boxes
e) copy IMEI form Flashtool to Sony Mobile site, than you will get unlock code to your mailbox
f) copy unlock key to Flashtool window and than click unlock
g) connect phone with holding volume up button when Flashtool shows pop up window
h) wait to unlock finish

I did this using the latest flashtool 0.9.13.0-mac. and the instructs where for Z1 C6903
The Following User Says Thank You to RealiableCandy4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Just2Cause
Old
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealiableCandy4 View Post
Hi so I found some easy way to unlock bootloader from xperiafirmware(DOT)com (not allowed to post link because new account at xda) because Sony's official instruction are not mac user friendly (for me anyway). So i tried them and it want smoothly until i realised that sdcard was not wiped. So I'm doubting whether it is unlocked. The instructions where:

4. how to unlock your bootloader
a) download and install latest Flashtool from here (mirrors Google Drive or Mega)
b) start Flashtool and click on BLU button on the top
c) turn off your phone and when Flashtool shows pop up window, connect phone to PC with holding volume down button
d) click on get unlock key button, it will switch you to Sony Mobile website, here complete all boxes
e) copy IMEI form Flashtool to Sony Mobile site, than you will get unlock code to your mailbox
f) copy unlock key to Flashtool window and than click unlock
g) connect phone with holding volume up button when Flashtool shows pop up window
h) wait to unlock finish

I did this using the latest flashtool 0.9.13.0-mac. and the instructs where for Z1 C6903
Everything seems right, Why are you worried??

Unlocking bootloader shouldn't wipe SD card, you are not flashing or wiping data, you are just unlocking the bootloader.
Don't forget to hit the THANKS button! If I helped.
The Following User Says Thank You to Just2Cause For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dladz
Old
Thanks Meter 668

DONATE TO ME
Not all phones can be unlocked by the way. Mine can't be for instance, check in diagnostics.
Phones: Moto 888 - Nokia 6110 - Nokia 3210 - Nokia 3310 - Nokia 8210 - Samsung e250 - Sony F305 - LG Viewty - G1 - HTC Hero - HTC Desire HD - HTC Sensation - Nokia Lumia 800 - HTC EVO 3D - Samsung i9300 - Asus Prime TF201 silver - HTC One - Galaxy Camera - Z1
The Following User Says Thank You to dladz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gregbradley
Old
(Last edited by gregbradley; 23rd December 2013 at 02:17 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3325

DONATE TO ME
EDIT

Dial *#*#7378423#*#* and goto service info / configuration

if the last line says

bootloader unlocked: Yes
Then its unlocked

if it says
bootloader unlocked allowed: Yes
then it is locked but you can unlock it

if it says
bootloader unlock allowed: No
then you cannot unlock it

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.
<<DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES>>

Follow me on twitter
The Following User Says Thank You to gregbradley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RealiableCandy4
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
It say Bootloader unlocked: yes
So I think it's unlocked thanks for the reply

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

dladz
Old
Thanks Meter 668

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealiableCandy4 View Post
It say Bootloader unlocked: yes
So I think it's unlocked thanks for the reply

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app
Prior to attempting to unlock, do what Greg wrote and as he wrote if it says no then youre stuffed by all accounts.

Which sucks so bad it's unreal.

I went ahead and tried anyway, just didn't work, would be good to see what the actual differences are between models, must be a way to migrate some stuff to get it to work, notice i wrote stuff as i have no idea what that stuff would be.
Phones: Moto 888 - Nokia 6110 - Nokia 3210 - Nokia 3310 - Nokia 8210 - Samsung e250 - Sony F305 - LG Viewty - G1 - HTC Hero - HTC Desire HD - HTC Sensation - Nokia Lumia 800 - HTC EVO 3D - Samsung i9300 - Asus Prime TF201 silver - HTC One - Galaxy Camera - Z1

LiquidNitrogen1412
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hey guys,
i have a question is it so much better to unlock the BL because i know that i can get like normal Android developing roms like cm and i have less bloatware.But does it bring also much benchmark power and smoothness to phone ? or is it just for people wo try around roms and likes to Flash?.

best regards and wishes,
Nico

dladz
Old
Thanks Meter 668

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidNitrogen1412 View Post
Hey guys,
i have a question is it so much better to unlock the BL because i know that i can get like normal Android developing roms like cm and i have less bloatware.But does it bring also much benchmark power and smoothness to phone ? or is it just for people wo try around roms and likes to Flash?.

best regards and wishes,
Nico
Potentially yes, I can't advise you to go for it, you will need to weigh up if it's right for you or not? Much more customisation vs possible loss of warranty, personally i'd do it but that's me.

You would have to decide for yourself.
The Following User Says Thank You to dladz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LiquidNitrogen1412
Old
Thanks Meter 1
well ok thanks ill think about it, probaly i will do it.I have an backup of my stock t-mobile brandet rom which i can flash back with flashtool , also have 3 Ta backups of .534 but that was not t-mobile brandet because need root and downgrade to do it.My benchscore in Antutu is about 33700 points sometimes i hit 35000 but not this often.

best regards,
Nico

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

well ok thanks ill think about it, probaly i will do it.I have an backup of my stock t-mobile brandet rom which i can flash back with flashtool , also have 3 Ta backups of .534 but that was not t-mobile brandet because need root and downgrade to do it.My benchscore in Antutu is about 33700 points sometimes i hit 35000 but not this often.

best regards,
Nico

RealiableCandy4
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2Cause View Post
Everything seems right, Why are you worried??

Unlocking bootloader shouldn't wipe SD card, you are not flashing or wiping data, you are just unlocking the bootloader.
Because I though that any 2013 model gets wiped while unlocking bootloader. Also tried to flash Doomkernal using flashtool but failed, I think its Mac's fault I try another solution once I'm done I'll post a detailed mac guide mac guide on how to back-up TA, unlock bootloader and root 4.3 Z1 because I know its a pain for to root for mac users.