5,598,938 Members 31,033 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Recommend me a ROM?

Tip us?

LEDAHGRIM
Old
(Last edited by LEDAHGRIM; 23rd December 2013 at 10:36 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Question [Q] Recommend me a ROM?

I tried CM10.1 but it felt too plain so I changed to Tonyps "THE ROM" build, Had too many
troubles whit WIFI since it kept connecting and disconnecting at random, Made any online
game from the play store useless...

Then Flashed the new MIUI rom here from rugglez but the phone simply would never get
connected to the mobile network so I could not make calls or be called... Made the phone
kind of a brick...

After that I went to the MIUI offcial website and downloaded their new offcial build in testing
phase for the P990... Discovered it runs horrible on the P990 whit 512 MB RAM and always
keeps the free RAM at 40 or 30 MB... Laggy to no end...

So, pretty much I have hit a roadblock on all available ROMs for the P990... I don't want any
ROM that's made by Tonyp because for some reason Kowalsky Kernel screws my WIFI
all the time by random connects and disconnects...

Whit all that stated I'm tempted to go back to CM 10.1 Nightly unless there is another rom
that I have not heard about. Would be nice if there is a JB rom that is not CM or Tonyp's
that doesn't have the WIFI problem...

Anyway, Is there any other kernel apart from Kowalsky that let's me use fast charge on my
P990?

EDIT:
Ohhh... Now I remember why I ditched CM, No external SD Card support....

sudden36
Old
Thanks Meter 239
You could try to disable the wifi powermanagment options in kowalski kernel via kowalski manager, that could fix the wifi disconnects.
Regarding ROM I would give CM 10.2 from tonyp a try and combine it with the new 3.1 kernel from pengus77, I'm happy with it

LEDAHGRIM
Old
(Last edited by LEDAHGRIM; 23rd December 2013 at 10:04 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudden36 View Post
You could try to disable the WiFi power management options in kowalski kernel via kowalski manager, that could fix the WiFi disconnects.
Regarding ROM I would give CM 10.2 from tonyp a try and combine it with the new 3.1 kernel from pengus77, I'm happy with it
Ok, I'll try the 3.1 kernel from Pengus77 and see if that solves the random WiFi disconnects.

EDIT:
Okay, It seems the 3.1 exp alpha 14 kernel from pengus77 did the trick. For now I'm no
longer getting anymore WiFi disconnects on his rom "THE ROM" build 26!

Also bought the "Trickster MOD" app as a replacement for the Kowalsky manager and
I'm quite satisfied whit it. Let's see how it goes in the course of the week!