5,600,919 Members 42,600 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q][SOLVED] Stuck at boot screen after flashing

Tip us?

sjvega
Old
(Last edited by sjvega; 23rd December 2013 at 10:33 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q][SOLVED] Stuck at boot screen after flashing

First let me say that I'm kinda new to android flashing and I'm learning, so please be understanding.

A few days ago I got in my hands an i9003 and decided to root and unlock it, I thought I had made an /efs backup, but, as a matter of fact this backup turned out to be empty, as apparently I didn't backup with root permision. A day later decided to install CM11 and I followed this tutorial: bit.ly/J5d5UL When I tried to install the ROM it rebooted and it got stuck in recovery mode. I read extensively over what to do, so I decided to flash back to stock (UBKB1, as I'm from Argentina and this is the Latin american Froyo stock). I've had no luck with this: it is now stuck with the glowing Samsung logo right after the boot animation. I've read that the CF-Root used in the tutorial, amit.bagaria one, it's intended to work with Gingerbread, and I had Froyo installed when I started the tutorial, ┐can this be the cause of everything? ┐Is there something I can do? I've also read to flash to KPE first and then on to others, but I'm worried that, as I don't have my /efs backup, I could lose my 3g and/or IMEI.

Thanks in advance, and also I apologize any grammar errors I could have as English isn't my native language.

swapnilpx
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjvega View Post
First let me say that I'm kinda new to android flashing and I'm learning, so please be understanding.

A few days ago I got in my hands an i9003 and decided to root and unlock it, I thought I had made an /efs backup, but, as a matter of fact this backup turned out to be empty, as apparently I didn't backup with root permision. A day later decided to install CM11 and I followed this tutorial: bit.ly/J5d5UL When I tried to install the ROM it rebooted and it got stuck in recovery mode. I read extensively over what to do, so I decided to flash back to stock (UBKB1, as I'm from Argentina and this is the Latin american Froyo stock). I've had no luck with this: it is now stuck with the glowing Samsung logo right after the boot animation. I've read that the CF-Root used in the tutorial, amit.bagaria one, it's intended to work with Gingerbread, and I had Froyo installed when I started the tutorial, ┐can this be the cause of everything? ┐Is there something I can do? I've also read to flash to KPE first and then on to others, but I'm worried that, as I don't have my /efs backup, I could lose my 3g and/or IMEI.

Thanks in advance, and also I apologize any grammar errors I could have as English isn't my native language.
sometimes while installing rom the phone automatically reboots into recovery.. but tht is normal.. then u have to again flash the rom ... but for now .. try clearing dalvik cache in recovery mode... and reboot .. if tht doesnt work then using odin flash back to kpe .. here is a video link http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2crS2rZ...%3D2crS2rZgUQc and u can loose ur internal data so backup...

hit thanks if i helped
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swapnilpx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sjvega
Old
(Last edited by sjvega; 22nd December 2013 at 05:13 PM.) Reason: update
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the reply.
Sorry I didn't specify further, when it was booting continuously into recovery I tried to install the ROM, but it threw an error (#7 if I recall correctly) and then it kept looping into recovery.
I'll try to flash CWM now (as I don't have it flashed after flashing stock) and do the wipes.
EDIT: I've flashed CWM for the firm I had installed, wiped everything, reflashed and it still doesn't work, I'd like to avoid KPE until I'm sure I can recover the /efs folder as I don't want lo lose connectivity of any sort. Update: during wiping CWM said it can't mount /datadata

Thanks anyway

Last Update:I've got a KPE for my region so I've flashed it, I've also flashed amit.bagaria's universal CWM, it kept looping, so I tried to install the rom, unsuccessfully, it reboots on a different version of CWM, and if I try to install it again it says:
Quote:
Installing update...
"assert failed: run_program("/tmp/updater.sh")==0
E:Error in /storage/sdcard1/cm-11-20131209-UNOFFICIAL-galaxysl.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

swapnilpx
Old
(Last edited by swapnilpx; 23rd December 2013 at 02:46 AM.)
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Thanks for the reply.
Sorry I didn't specify further, when it was booting continuously into recovery I tried to install the ROM, but it threw an error (#7 if I recall correctly) and then it kept looping into recovery.
I'll try to flash CWM now (as I don't have it flashed after flashing stock) and do the wipes.
EDIT: I've flashed CWM for the firm I had installed, wiped everything, reflashed and it still doesn't work, I'd like to avoid KPE until I'm sure I can recover the /efs folder as I don't want lo lose connectivity of any sort. Update: during wiping CWM said it can't mount /datadata

Thanks anyway

Last Update:I've got a KPE for my region so I've flashed it, I've also flashed amit.bagaria's universal CWM, it kept looping, so I tried to install the rom, unsuccessfully, it reboots on a different version of CWM, and if I try to install it again it says:
leave amit bagaria zip aside... flash this on kpe using odin link:- http://www.mediafire.com/download/vh...25-05-2012.tar . after odin detects your device. go to PDA option and select this zip file from your computer and flash.. this will root your device and add a cwm recovery. and let me know what happened.. and even iam not a professional. but i were u i would have tried all possible ways.. have fun.. we ill get a way out of it..

hit thanx if i helped
The Following User Says Thank You to swapnilpx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sjvega
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Excuse me but, ┐PIT? ┐isn't it PDA? Also, that CWM isn't for the firm of the region I have, ┐wouldn't I have problems flashing that one?

sjvega
Old
(Last edited by sjvega; 22nd December 2013 at 11:44 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I've been reading that it could be that the internal memory is corrupted, ┐is there a way to check this?

swapnilpx
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
I've been reading that it could be that the internal memory is corrupted, ┐is there a way to check this?
sorry bro ! its pda .. i havent used odin for months so.... and iam not sure region would cause any problem ! it will be better to consult a professional.... and even ill read about it and post if i get something..

sjvega
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok, so I kept reading about it and it doesn't seem to be a corrupted memory, there are some errors that should appear and they don't.
I've been recomended to flash to XXKB3 as it doesn't modify the IMEI file, and then if that doesn't work flash XXKPE; I'm having a hard time finding it though, as all hotfile links are dead.

sjvega
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok! I've flashed XXKP3 and finally it booted. I'll see to take other problems I might have somewhere else.