XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone --Caution -- Computer

Tip us?

Synchorizer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Phone --Caution -- Computer

I see this is a very common problem, but I swear to you I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING POSSIBLE.
And it is not working. I really have no freaking idea why, I tried the Volume Down + Vol Up + power, release when black screen flickers, nope. Volume down + Home + Power, release when black screen flickers, NOPE. Odin is also not recognizing it as well, and I am also a poor sod who flashed a Vibrant rom on this phone, so... yeahhh..

itzik2sh
Old
Thanks Meter 735
Did you try lumin30 one click heimdall ?

sent from me
SGS4G ROMs:
HebMIUI | HebSlim | HebBareBone | HebValhalla | CM10 NLS |
SGS4G Guides:
Battery life 4 ICS | Create localized ROM | GB RTL Support | Hebrew Voice Recognition

If I helped, press this button.
The Following User Says Thank You to itzik2sh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jeffsf
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 957

DONATE TO ME
Download mode can be a bit finicky. Here is a page describing how to get a SGH-T959V into download mode.

Since I flash a lot of ROMs and kernels, I own a download jig. You can make your own for under $5, or buy them for about the same.
Nexus 5, custom OmniROM builds (don't panic, it means I can brick my SGS4G without fear)
Samsung Galaxy S 4G -- Development version of OmniROM
Fromerly: Development version of Team Acid's CM9 source, Hefe Kernel of Darkness, KG4 modem.
Working on: Cleaning up the build tree for OmniROM and Samsung kernel sources

WiFi Performance, GB vs. ICS, and how to measure it yourself.

FreeBSD, Ubuntu, MacOS X, OpenWRT
Motorola Micro-TAC ("Micro" ) Nokia 2160, 8260, 6681, E70, N900, then had to move on
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffsf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Synchorizer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsf View Post
Download mode can be a bit finicky. Here is a page describing how to get a SGH-T959V into download mode.

Since I flash a lot of ROMs and kernels, I own a download jig. You can make your own for under $5, or buy them for about the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itzik2sh View Post
Did you try lumin30 one click heimdall ?

sent from me
The link for me does not work, still in the screen.
I will definitely consider a jig.
Also, for Heimdall, it does not detect my device.

jeffsf
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 957

DONATE TO ME
It wasn't completely clear to me what screen you were seeing when, but you may already be getting the phone into download mode.

Sounds like USB driver problems, especially if you are running on Windows.
Nexus 5, custom OmniROM builds (don't panic, it means I can brick my SGS4G without fear)
Samsung Galaxy S 4G -- Development version of OmniROM
Fromerly: Development version of Team Acid's CM9 source, Hefe Kernel of Darkness, KG4 modem.
Working on: Cleaning up the build tree for OmniROM and Samsung kernel sources

WiFi Performance, GB vs. ICS, and how to measure it yourself.

FreeBSD, Ubuntu, MacOS X, OpenWRT
Motorola Micro-TAC ("Micro" ) Nokia 2160, 8260, 6681, E70, N900, then had to move on

champ1919
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Odin & hemidall drivers will clash. You will have to uninstall one or the other (unless, you use seperate pc ports).
The Following User Says Thank You to champ1919 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]