5,593,401 Members 36,360 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery drain while sleeping

Tip us?

Ali Omran
Old
(Last edited by Ali Omran; 20th December 2013 at 12:13 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Battery drain while sleeping

Hello

I have a samsung s4 i9500 new phone about 4 months old. I encoutered many battery problems so i installed Arrow rom, which i fell in love with it in a sec, it had everything and the battery life was just amazing. (Thanks to all who contributed into making this amazing rom).

But something happened when i installed an app about adds and it kinda restored my phone yo factory settings, i didnt care much for the reset, but i found out that my battery life ia no longer like before. Let me give you my states before and after.

Ps: i reinstalled the rom hoping better resulta but it was the same

I sleep usually at 1pm and wake up at 10. Thats 9 hours, when my phone was fine it only drained about 10% or 12%.

But as in for today for example, i slept 7 hours and it drained 20%.

Most of the draining came from android oa at 89%.

Please note that before i go to sleep i always charge my phone to 100%

Is there something wrong? Ill do any test to solve mu problem.

Thanks all

maanz "L"
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 763

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Omran View Post
Hello

I have a samsung s4 i9500 new phone about 4 months old. I encoutered many battery problems so i installed Arrow rom, which i fell in love with it in a sec, it had everything and the battery life was just amazing. (Thanks to all who contributed into making this amazing rom).

But something happened when i installed an app about adds and it kinda restored my phone yo factory settings, i didnt care much for the reset, but i found out that my battery life ia no longer like before. Let me give you my states before and after.

Ps: i reinstalled the rom hoping better resulta but it was the same

I sleep usually at 1pm and wake up at 10. Thats 9 hours, when my phone was fine it only drained about 10% or 12%.

But as in for today for example, i slept 7 hours and it drained 20%.

Most of the draining came from android oa at 89%.

Please note that before i go to sleep i always charge my phone to 100%

Is there something wrong? Ill do any test to solve mu problem.

Thanks all
Hi.
U should install BBS app and post "other" and "partial wakelocks" screenshots so that we can tell what's eating up yr battery life.

Cheers.

A member of X-TremE Team.

"Thanks button is just to avoid "thanks" posts in threads. Nothing more than that.
Don't ask in signature or post for it and defeat the purpose why it was introduced"

"Support for Mirko and LegendK95 against piracy..."

"Devs stealing Goldieking's Alliance App.."

Support Silent Circle and the BlackPhone.
Protecting our privacies from NSA and governments threats.

newbietweaker
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Red face deep sleep!

Yeah BBS is definitely the way to go..also you might want to check skipjack's awesome thread for better batt life when idle (insanely )

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2357417

I got better batt life with my s4 after i did some of their tips on this thread..

Sweetdreams to your phone's battery! ))

Ali Omran
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I have attached my files, btw the battery is kinda weird, one day it drained about 40% but somedays drains way less, keep in mind that when i go to sleep i turn off my wifi and use edge network, and power savor too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-23-10-04-56.png
Views:	30
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	2470652   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-23-10-05-04.png
Views:	27
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	2470653   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-23-10-05-12.png
Views:	24
Size:	222.6 KB
ID:	2470654   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-23-10-05-18.png
Views:	26
Size:	221.2 KB
ID:	2470655  

MajorAly
Old
(Last edited by MajorAly; 24th December 2013 at 04:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 83
Some solutions that I follow that kind of stopped severe battery drain and got the phone in deep sleep mode:

- Disable "Scanning Always Available" from Advanced settings of WiFi
- Disable GPS and 'Use Wireless Networks' from Location settings menu
- Greenify apps and a few services
- Before putting the phone down for good, clear all the recently opened apps by pressing and holding the HOME button and clearing them all. Then open up the task manager and clear RAM.
- To get the phone into deep sleep (you can monitor this using a free app called WakeLock detector, available on PlayStore), if you have the habit of switching on the screen and then switching it off whilst being in the lockscreen mode (just like you check time quickly without unlocking the device), the S4 DOES NOT go into deep sleep mode even though the screen is switched off.

To solve this, you need to unlock the screen, get to homescreen and switch off screen from there instead of directly locking/switching off the screen without unlocking the device. Yes, it's hell and I don't know why this issue persists :/

Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500
ROM: Stock 4.3 MK3 | Kernel: Perseus Alpha | Recovery: CWM

Laying the legend to rest: Samsung Galaxy SII