XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Home button clicks twice?

Tip us?

Metfanant
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 120
Default Home button clicks twice?

Weird issue...I noticed it after installing 4.4...thought at first it was just a "feature" of the launcher...that every time I clicked home to exit an app it would take me back to the main homescreen as well...

But after installing Nova I notices if I hit home to bring up the previews it quickly exits back to the home screen...so my home button is registering two clicks each time I hit it

JCase's root exploit and Write Protection off will survive a factory reset correct?...

I think that's what I'm gonna try

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

DaemonAshra
Old
Thanks Meter 70
This is a known issue that pretty much everyone on 4.4 is having. No clue when its going to be fixed.
HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC HD 2 > MyTouch 3G > Motorola CLIQ > Motorola CLIQ XT > LG Optimus T > iPhone 4 > Droid Incredible 2 > LG Revolution > Galaxy Nexus > Droid 4 > Galaxy S III > Galaxy Note II > Droid Maxx > Moto G > Moto X > iPhone 5s

SDC_Bolts
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metfanant View Post
Weird issue...I noticed it after installing 4.4...thought at first it was just a "feature" of the launcher...that every time I clicked home to exit an app it would take me back to the main homescreen as well...

But after installing Nova I notices if I hit home to bring up the previews it quickly exits back to the home screen...so my home button is registering two clicks each time I hit it

JCase's root exploit and Write Protection off will survive a factory reset correct?...

I think that's what I'm gonna try

If your using Nova, you can disable the multi desktop view with Nova settings, makes the home button thing be less annoying.

Metfanant
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 120
Yeahhhh went ahead and ran a factory reset and its still there so I figured it was a bug...oh well...

TheWhiteChallenger
Old
Thanks Meter 94
this was actually an issue for me in 4.2.2 after the camera update

cold21blooded
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Had the same issue with Nova.. All you gotta do is go in to gestures settings and change home button to default page and check only on default screen box to make it stop doing that

Click image for larger version

Name:	1387667629952.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	2467507
The Following User Says Thank You to cold21blooded For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Shahal
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Ok good. Glad I'm not the only one. I was worried there for a bit.

Sent from my DROID MAXX using Tapatalk 4.

rlmesq
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Same issue with ADW Launcher Pro. Same solution, too... I just set home button binding to default screen, instead of default/preview.

ceelos218
Old
Thanks Meter 7
had same issue here..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578774

all i did was set the home button to none.. and problem solved. hope there is a fix.