Mj7 unroot possible?

Tip us?

Bfitz26
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 349

DONATE TO ME
Default Mj7 unroot possible?

So my home button decoded to give out so I am curious I rooted on Mj7 hoping for a replacement that is unlockable but I need to unroot to return to vzw I could get a way with remove g root apps but device status is set to custom as well as boot screen anyone have a link or been successful restoring to stock or if I take the ota Will it unroot or will I just get a brick? Help is greatly appreciated thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jett2314
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfitz26 View Post
So my home button decoded to give out so I am curious I rooted on Mj7 hoping for a replacement that is unlockable but I need to unroot to return to vzw I could get a way with remove g root apps but device status is set to custom as well as boot screen anyone have a link or been successful restoring to stock or if I take the ota Will it unroot or will I just get a brick? Help is greatly appreciated thanks

You may want to check this thread out. I'm not sure, but you may have to reset the flash count also. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2507253
The Following User Says Thank You to jett2314 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bfitz26
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 349

DONATE TO ME
Thanks for the help as you happen to be the only one that has attempted to help me +1

k1mu
Old
Thanks Meter 1239

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Since you're returning it, you should flash the full-wipe emergency recovery ROM image. That'll clear the custom status and remove all of your data.
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock MJ7, now rooted!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
The Following User Says Thank You to k1mu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bfitz26
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 349

DONATE TO ME
Is this a Odin file? I would assume so as u don't have anything cwm or anything related I heard something about using the update software tool on o
Pc as well idk

k1mu
Old
Thanks Meter 1239

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Is this a Odin file? I would assume so as u don't have anything cwm or anything related I heard something about using the update software tool on o
Pc as well idk
Yes, it's an image that you flash using ODIN. Yes, you can use the Verizon recovery assistant as well as Kies to recover. Your call.
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock MJ7, now rooted!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Bfitz26
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 349

DONATE TO ME
thanks man! unfortunatly the link on this the odin file is not found do u happen to have a odin file on here? not sure if it is version specific?

CoMtnMan
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2189539 . If that fails, google odin 3.09 it's widely available.
The Following User Says Thank You to CoMtnMan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bfitz26
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 349

DONATE TO ME
Thanks worked great for my new phone came with 4.2.2 so now need to look into root and safest rap it kenec or what have you best place to start?