XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nandroid backup question

Tip us?

velis74
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 740
Default [Q] Nandroid backup question

So if I understand correctly, I have no way of making a full nandroid without first flashing a custom recovery (CWM / TWRP) that would perform the actual backup.

So, actually, my nandroid will not be of full stock firmware, but will backup the root & custom recovery instead of original state.

So, in order to make a full restore I'd still need to do what's listed in nkk71's guide.

There is no other way to back up / restore stock phone rom?

mitchst2
Old
Thanks Meter 211
Root can be undone and stock recovery restored after running a nandroid to return to full stock.

Sent from my HTC O'ne-xus

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 676

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by velis74 View Post
So if I understand correctly, I have no way of making a full nandroid without first flashing a custom recovery (CWM / TWRP) that would perform the actual backup.

So, actually, my nandroid will not be of full stock firmware, but will backup the root & custom recovery instead of original state.

So, in order to make a full restore I'd still need to do what's listed in nkk71's guide.

There is no other way to back up / restore stock phone rom?
you can backup without being rooted and all that will be different is the recovery which can easily be downloaded and flashed after returning to stock nandroid backup.

you should check theirs probably already a stock rom for your phone anyway
HTC One 32 GB AT&T (S-off, Unlocked, Rooted)
Please help keep www.htc1guru.com Alive and Donate
The Following User Says Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

velis74
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
you can backup without being rooted and all that will be different is the recovery which can easily be downloaded and flashed after returning to stock nandroid backup.
Thank you. I have just installed the TWRP and made me a nice nandroid
First TWRP start was scary though, took almost a minute

Now to proceed with a nice ROM