XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need to wipe GT-i9000 but wont work

Tip us?

Smith23481
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Need to wipe GT-i9000 but wont work

Got a GT-I9000 that's doing weird things so tried a factory reset but when the phone reboots i get loads of sorry windows about apps stopping unexpectedly. This was one of the weird things the phone did with viber before i tried a factory reset after the factory reset not working i tried Odin3 and flashed a stock firmware but still the same problem.

Any ideas?

xsenman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith23481 View Post
Got a GT-I9000 that's doing weird things so tried a factory reset but when the phone reboots i get loads of sorry windows about apps stopping unexpectedly. This was one of the weird things the phone did with viber before i tried a factory reset after the factory reset not working i tried Odin3 and flashed a stock firmware but still the same problem.

Any ideas?
Do a CLEAN install of the gingerbread stock ROM, follow this guide to flash after saving all your files to PC, format the internal SD card and flash the gingerbread JVU ROM with PIT

Smith23481
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsenman View Post
Do a CLEAN install of the gingerbread stock ROM, follow this guide to flash after saving all your files to PC, format the internal SD card and flash the gingerbread JVU ROM with PIT

Thanks for taking time out to reply. have done that now and still the same thing phone loads to Sorry ! app crash. also the strange thing is it remembers all my gmail account stuff and wifi connections so the phone is clearly not being wiped. it also refers to sorry! app crash for viber and other apps that were installed previously.

marmoure
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default try this

Samsung Format Utility V1.4

Smith23481
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmoure View Post
Samsung Format Utility V1.4
Still no joy.

xsenman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2133
Quote:
Thanks for taking time out to reply. have done that now and still the same thing phone loads to Sorry ! app crash. also the strange thing is it remembers all my gmail account stuff and wifi connections so the phone is clearly not being wiped. it also refers to sorry! app crash for viber and other apps that were installed previously.
Its possible you have an Internal SD card pproblem

you have three options

1) Flash a CWM Kernel, enter CWM recovery and format everything possible, do not reboot phone but enter download mode and flash ROM with PIT
2) Use this guide , try to swap External SD card with Internal SD card
3) Use this guide to only use Ext SD card

Smith23481
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsenman View Post
Its possible you have an Internal SD card pproblem

you have three options

1) Flash a CWM Kernel, enter CWM recovery and format everything possible, do not reboot phone but enter download mode and flash ROM with PIT
2) Use this guide , try to swap External SD card with Internal SD card
3) Use this guide to only use Ext SD card

Thanks had a read but also found this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2471632 phone now boots with gingerbread 2.3.6.

do you know if i can get ics or anything newer using the external sd method?

xsenman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2133
Quote:
Thanks had a read but also found this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2471632 phone now boots with gingerbread 2.3.6.

do you know if i can get ics or anything newer using the external sd method?
it should not be a problem, as google phones only have one SD card, and they work on all versions of Android.