XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tmobile note 3 slow lte on att

Tip us?

sd97cl
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Tmobile note 3 slow lte on att

Just made the switch over to att and I am getting really slow lte speeds. Can anybody help?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-21-12-09-56.jpg
Views:	1655
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	2467929  

@rbiter
Old
Thanks Meter 936
Fix your APN?

sent from my sm-9005.

sd97cl
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by @rbiter View Post
Fix your APN?

sent from my sm-9005.
Tried every APN setting possible already. Searched all the threads and still no help.

AdmiralCF420
Old
(Last edited by AdmiralCF420; 23rd December 2013 at 06:02 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
There's a thread on here about flashing the AT&T modem and it solving the problem. Plz search and find it...

Here I found it for you..
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2522282

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sd97cl
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralCF420 View Post
There's a thread on here about flashing the AT&T modem and it solving the problem. Plz search and find it...

Here I found it for you..
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2522282

Thanks for the advice but I read through the thread already and it doesn't seem like it will improve drastically. So I rather not attempt to flash a modem that may cause a soft brick. My brother has a N900a and gets almost triple the speed of my lte. What gives?

@rbiter
Old
Thanks Meter 936
I dont always get fast speeds. I'm guessing at&t phones get higher priority than other phones. There is a build.prop that you can flash/edit that may or may not work. I, myself, haven't made any mods because I get higher speeds usually. Not always. I am on a 900T but using an international 9005 rom with T-Mobile modem still. It really boils down to is the risk flashing a modem or build.prop worth it. In downtown houston I rarely dip below 10mb/s on LTE and occasionally see over 20mb/s. The congestion is real bad here so it is very often I get bumped back down to hspa. Like I said, you have to weigh the risks. I am fine with how it is working now. My post probably hasn't helped you get you where you want to go but it may help you to be content with what you have or may consider flashing an international rom minus modem and see if that helps.

sent from my sm-9005.

diamantericos
Old
Thanks Meter 156
I'm on straight talk att sim and it's ridiculous on an att phone I get att quality signal. But with this tmobile phone when home I can only get signal in my bed room by the window . From I walk into building calls and signal dropped dead . It truly sucks. I'm switching back to tmobile as soon as this month is over . I hate paying that extra 30 dollars but a phone is no good in one room .

nynexelf
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamantericos View Post
I'm on straight talk att sim and it's ridiculous on an att phone I get att quality signal. But with this tmobile phone when home I can only get signal in my bed room by the window . From I walk into building calls and signal dropped dead . It truly sucks. I'm switching back to tmobile as soon as this month is over . I hate paying that extra 30 dollars but a phone is no good in one room .

I as well am on Straight Talk At&t micro sim and I get pretty decent speeds I believe Straight Talk cap's their LTE speeds at 15 down and I think around 8-9 up which ain't bad for the Chicago area. But there are times where I barely get 2 down and 4 up. I also have a Tmobile Note 3 stock/rooted using a ST sim.

diamantericos
Old
Thanks Meter 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynexelf View Post
I as well am on Straight Talk At&t micro sim and I get pretty decent speeds I believe Straight Talk cap's their LTE speeds at 15 down and I think around 8-9 up which ain't bad for the Chicago area. But there are times where I barely get 2 down and 4 up. I also have a Tmobile Note 3 stock/rooted using a ST sim.
The speeds are fine when I actually get a signal . Its the fact that I have dead spots in almost my whole apartment except the rooms located to front of building . It was never like this before .