XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Dead in the water

Tip us?

bradspace
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Dead in the water

OK, so I'm not a noob, but I am, apparently a moron. I was trying to flash a ROM and accidentally wiped my entire device. I can't get my PC (Windows 8) to recognize my phone. I have tried installing the drivers multiple times. not sure where to go from here. I've always worked with Samsung so I am a little lost in the LG world. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

RubbleTea
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradspace View Post
OK, so I'm not a noob, but I am, apparently a moron. I was trying to flash a ROM and accidentally wiped my entire device. I can't get my PC (Windows 8) to recognize my phone. I have tried installing the drivers multiple times. not sure where to go from here. I've always worked with Samsung so I am a little lost in the LG world. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
Can you get to recovery or download mode?..

bradspace
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubbleTea View Post
Can you get to recovery or download mode?..
I have TWRP 2.6.3.2 installed and I can get to it, but I have no way to get a ROM onto the phone to flash and no backups. If I could get my phone to be recognized by the PC, I have my TWRP backups on my laptop. Also, yes, I can get to download mode as well, but it is stuck at the window saying not to unplug the cable and it is updating but it never does anything.

Recon Freak
Old
Thanks Meter 56
If you can get into twrp you can adb sideload a rom or push your backup to your sdcard.

Sent from my OMNIpotent LG-G2.

RubbleTea
Old
(Last edited by RubbleTea; 24th December 2013 at 12:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
I have TWRP 2.6.3.2 installed and I can get to it, but I have no way to get a ROM onto the phone to flash and no backups. If I could get my phone to be recognized by the PC, I have my TWRP backups on my laptop. Also, yes, I can get to download mode as well, but it is stuck at the window saying not to unplug the cable and it is updating but it never does anything.
Yah like the post above adb sideload should work I actually just helped somebody and posted instructions and don't think thread is closed...also if your phone won't recognize could also try Koush universal drivers

Here's the link to the thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2581013&page=2
The Following User Says Thank You to RubbleTea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bradspace
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon Freak View Post
If you can get into twrp you can adb sideload a rom or push your backup to your sdcard.

I have tried that, but it will not read the ROM file.

Recon Freak
Old
Thanks Meter 56
adb push your backup to sdcard then restore will not work?

bradspace
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubbleTea View Post
Yah like the post above adb sideload should work I actually just helped somebody and posted instructions and don't think thread is closed...also if your phone won't recognize could also try Koush universal drivers

Here's the link to the thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2581013&page=2
I LOVE YOU MAN!!! Seriously, thank you. Another trick to put into my back pocket. I was able to push CM and get it back to life.

RubbleTea
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
I LOVE YOU MAN!!! Seriously, thank you. Another trick to put into my back pocket. I was able to push CM and get it back to life.
Nice man good to hear

The Following User Says Thank You to RubbleTea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]