[Q] asus unlock tool error TF700

Tip us?

zocas
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Still not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamoulian666 View Post
Having just been through this, what berndblb said.
After several goes I managed to get the DeviceTracker to work. Some things which may or may not have helped get it to work:
Login to Asus support site and check device is registered (it was). Maybe logging in 'poked' it to update an active flag or something?

Update and go into Google Maps app on the pad, there's a new disclaimer screen that needed to be OKd
Update and go into Google+ app on the pad. Some of Google's location services (e.g. latitude) seem to have been moved to that. No idea if it's relevant for what Asus use but hey.
Logged in to the DeviceTracker using Google. My Asus account login wouldn't work.
The serial number entry just worked, and added TF201 to a dropdown at the top, then located my device.

Then Asus' unlock app on the pad (which was still open after getting the error before) worked straight off and asked for Google password.

HTH, I was about to give up and call Asus support which wasn't going to go well.

--------------------------------------------------
Hi! Thank you, I used the gmail account and the tracker worked !!! But, I still can't unlock my device. I can receive any updates. But the unlock tool still gives me the network erros message. What else can I do ?
Thank you!

mmgethersjr56
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Unhappy please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been reading the transformer forum and was directed here to see if there was any solution. I am having the same problem.
I call ASUS and both customer services reps. would not help me because they said my device is unlocked. My device is not unlocked. The first rep hung up on me and when I called back the second rep told me because the computer is saying my device is unlocked then they cannot help. they want me to send it back to them so that they can charge me (which by the way is alot) to fix the problem instead of changing my status in their computer and registering me with ASUS device tracker.
I tried to register with ASUS device tracker and it tells me the command failed.
Is there any way to get help now because I really want to root or is there a way to root without unlocking the tablet?

flhthemi
Old
(Last edited by flhthemi; 23rd December 2013 at 02:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 21
mmgetthersjr56:

I saw this info at devicetracker.asus.com. I did the .10 update OTA and never saw anything indicating it didn't take. Later on, not because I saw this info because I hadn't yet, I downloaded .10 from Asus and flashed it from my sdcard. But the other day when I wanted to make sure the device tracker would find me I saw this when I clicked the UPDATE LIST option:

So now I wonder is this possibly what is keeping me from being able to unlock the damn thing? Would rolling back to .8 and then taking an OTA to .10 clear this data and thus allow me to unlock?

You might want to go back to the device tracker and see if your info on this page is indicating like mine is. It MIGHT be what OUR unlocking problem is but I'm not sure about that.

berndblb
Old
Thanks Meter 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmgethersjr56 View Post

I have been reading the transformer forum and was directed here to see if there was any solution. I am having the same problem.
I call ASUS and both customer services reps. would not help me because they said my device is unlocked. My device is not unlocked. The first rep hung up on me and when I called back the second rep told me because the computer is saying my device is unlocked then they cannot help. they want me to send it back to them so that they can charge me (which by the way is alot) to fix the problem instead of changing my status in their computer and registering me with ASUS device tracker.
I tried to register with ASUS device tracker and it tells me the command failed.
Is there any way to get help now because I really want to root or is there a way to root without unlocking the tablet?
Contact Asus support by email and send them a picture of your boot screen. If it doesn't say: "This device is unlocked" - it's not unlocked.....

You can root without unlocking by downgrading to 10.6.1.14.8 firmware and rooting it with the Motochopper tool. But you cannot run a custom rom without unlocking it.

sparksd
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb View Post
Contact Asus support by email and send them a picture of your boot screen. If it doesn't say: "This device is unlocked" - it's not unlocked.....

You can root without unlocking by downgrading to 10.6.1.14.8 firmware and rooting it with the Motochopper tool. But you cannot run a custom rom without unlocking it.
I went through the same run-around with Support - they said it was unlocked when it wasn't. I sent them a screenshot capturing my serial number and MAC address at their request, they still said it was unlocked, and then miraculously/luckily the next unlock I tried worked. They would not admit to changing anything on their side. The whole process and their stance on it is absurd. I love the tablet now that I have CROMi-x on it and my Nexus 7 is a great device but dealing with Asus has really soured me on them.

flhthemi
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I got a call today from someone at asus that wanted to know about a survey I took after they sent me an RMA for the unlocking problem. They wanted to know why I gave them a bad rating. I told them they were unwilling to fix my issue which really does not need to have the tablet returned to them for repair. I told him what I was trying to do and got the same bs answer about not supporting unlocking of the device. So I said asus can kiss my posterior and will get no more of my money nor any recommendations for products to anyone I do work for or know. Told him asus was more concerned about my bad survey comments than making an impression on a customer by extending a helping hand by going the extra mile.
Since there is nothing you can do or are willing to do goodbye. I hung up the phone.

I will bad mouth Asus every chance I get everywhere I go when the topic arises. I'm not going to wear you people out about it but no one will ever hear me say anything good about Asus ever again. Sorry for whoever may find this unsavory but I really did want to unlock and run a good ROM on my tablet and I am very upset that it cant be done all because of Asus's attitude towards unlocking and bad records.

Merry Christmas to all!

mmgethersjr56
Old
(Last edited by mmgethersjr56; 24th December 2013 at 02:30 AM.) Reason: spelling corrections
Thanks Meter 2
Unhappy trouble with unlocking ASUS TF700T

Quote:

Thank you everyone for your responses.
flhthemi - I had the very same experience and they completely ignored my concerns. I will never buy or recommend ASUS to anyone because it really is the principle of a big corporate company just selling a product and customer service does not count.

sparksd - I called and have yet to have them correct the problem because they believe that my device is unlocked and I am a liar.

berndblb - How do I downgrade and not brick my device. I have tried to do this and it never works and then my device becomes bricked. I have tried multiple ways suggest on this site and other for ASUS TF700T but have had no success. so if you could please point me to the one method that is a sure fire way to this then I would appreciate it. Also I know about the nvflash but I have yet to have it work for me.

Again thank you all for your help. It is really appreciated that there are still people that are so willing to help and give sound advice.

berndblb
Old
Thanks Meter 610
Quote:

berndblb - How do I downgrade and not brick my device. I have tried to do this and it never works and then my device becomes bricked. I have tried multiple ways suggest on this site and other for ASUS TF700T but have had no success. so if you could please point me to the one method that is a sure fire way to this then I would appreciate it. Also I know about the nvflash but I have yet to have it work for me.

Again thank you all for your help. It is really appreciated that there are still people that are so willing to help and give sound advice.
Downgrading should not put you into any jeopardy of bricking! It' s all done with the stock recovery and a method build into the stock rom - what did you try?
Anyway - you download the .8 firmware for your SKU or region (US, WW, JP)
- you unzip that file once, the result being another zip
- you copy that file to the root of your internal storage
- you should get a notification that the downgrade is available. If you don't: reboot

If that does not work try method 2:

- rename the unzipped zip to EP201_768_SDUPDATE.zip (make sure your PC shows file extensions - you don't want to end up with EP201_768_SDUPDATE.zip.zip)
- load that file into the root of a fat32 formatted microSD, insert the card and boot to recovery
- the recovery should recognize the firmware file and flash it automatically

To boot to recovery you boot up holding Power and Volume Down buttons until you feel the tablet vibrate twice and see tiny script appear. You'll also see three icons: RCK, Android, Wipe Data
RCK is flashing. Push the Volume Up button to enter recovery

Once that is done you download the Motochopper tool and follow the instructions to root the tablet.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2258633

Ignore everything but the numbered instructions in the grey box. It doesn't say so, but the tool works for the TF700 stock JB rom. Naturally you need the Asus drivers for your device - not Samsung as it says there. If you can connect to your tablet in MTP through USB you should be ok.

sparksd
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Thank you everyone for your responses.

sparksd - I called and have yet to have them correct the problem because they believe that my device is unlocked and I am a liar.

They didn't come out and call me a liar but they kept telling me mine was unlocked even though it clearly wasn't. Based on the date of when they said mine was supposedly unlocked, it looks like a failed unlock attempt somehow registers as an unlock to them. At any rate, I found their general tone to be the most irritating aspect of this - I felt like they were either calling me a liar or telling me I was too stupid to recognize that my device was unlocked.

mmgethersjr56
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Wink I think I am rooted but still no unlock of device

Quote:
Downgrading should not put you into any jeopardy of bricking! It' s all done with the stock recovery and a method build into the stock rom - what did you try?
Anyway - you download the .8 firmware for your SKU or region (US, WW, JP)
- you unzip that file once, the result being another zip
- you copy that file to the root of your internal storage
- you should get a notification that the downgrade is available. If you don't: reboot

If that does not work try method 2:

- rename the unzipped zip to EP201_768_SDUPDATE.zip (make sure your PC shows file extensions - you don't want to end up with EP201_768_SDUPDATE.zip.zip)
- load that file into the root of a fat32 formatted microSD, insert the card and boot to recovery
- the recovery should recognize the firmware file and flash it automatically

To boot to recovery you boot up holding Power and Volume Down buttons until you feel the tablet vibrate twice and see tiny script appear. You'll also see three icons: RCK, Android, Wipe Data
RCK is flashing. Push the Volume Up button to enter recovery

Once that is done you download the Motochopper tool and follow the instructions to root the tablet.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2258633

Ignore everything but the numbered instructions in the grey box. It doesn't say so, but the tool works for the TF700 stock JB rom. Naturally you need the Asus drivers for your device - not Samsung as it says there. If you can connect to your tablet in MTP through USB you should be ok.

Thank you for these instructions. I did everything correctly and motochopper told me I was rooted but I just need to ask this question. If I am rooted I have access to superuser correct?
Thank you for your time.

Tags
asus unlock tool