5,597,501 Members 31,833 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED] SCH-I605 Stuck on Boot Screen. Help?

Tip us?

Opt1kal
Old
(Last edited by Opt1kal; 24th December 2013 at 04:13 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [SOLVED] SCH-I605 Stuck on Boot Screen. Help?

Hey guy,

I was using CleanROM for the longest time. I've actually been using it for so long I can't quite remember how I got the phone unlocked in the first place. I want to say I used a combination of the Note 2 Toolkit and CASUAL to get there. I've been trying to get back to stock and now I'm stuck at the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 boot screen. I can get into Download Mode but I can't access Recovery at all. I've been using Odin(Which is where I messed up at). Things I've tried so far:

All of these will say they pass, but when the phone reboots, it still gets stuck at the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 boot screen.
Tried flashing the VRALJ from stockroms.net
Tried flashing philz touch recovery
Tried flashing both stock firmwares from sammobile.com for the SCH-I605.

I'm currently at a loss as to what to do now.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

UPDATE: Ok, now when I try with one of the stock firmwares Odin gets to where it says Nand Write Start!! and it fails. Fails when flashing the Philz Touch Recovery as well.

UPDATE 2: Tried a different version of Odin. This time using Odin v3.09 and tried the VRALJB stock rom, it got to flashing the recovery.img then went to sboot.bin and failed.

UPDATE 3: Ok, using Odin v3.09 flashed philz touch recovery with Nand Erase All selected and T Flash selected. It went through successfully and am now able to boot to recovery. Seems that I was just using the wrong version of Odin3...I think...I hope...lol

UPDATE 4: Ok, so that didn't work. I was able to get into the stock recovery. But was unable to boot into android itself. Figured it's because there was nothing on it, attempted to flash a stock rom, and it still failed at sboot.bin. Attempted to reflash philz touch recovery, still fails. I'll keep trying different things, but I'm running out of things to try until I hit that insane moment where I try everything again expecting different results.

UPDATE 5: Ok, so I'm blind...or somehow didn't come across this thread before. But it helped me to fix the issue...so yeah. Thread link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2120726

Irwenzhao
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opt1kal View Post
Hey guy,

I was using CleanROM for the longest time. I've actually been using it for so long I can't quite remember how I got the phone unlocked in the first place. I want to say I used a combination of the Note 2 Toolkit and CASUAL to get there. I've been trying to get back to stock and now I'm stuck at the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 boot screen. I can get into Download Mode but I can't access Recovery at all. I've been using Odin(Which is where I messed up at). Things I've tried so far:

All of these will say they pass, but when the phone reboots, it still gets stuck at the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 boot screen.
Tried flashing the VRALJ from stockroms.net
Tried flashing philz touch recovery
Tried flashing both stock firmwares from sammobile.com for the SCH-I605.

I'm currently at a loss as to what to do now.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

UPDATE: Ok, now when I try with one of the stock firmwares Odin gets to where it says Nand Write Start!! and it fails. Fails when flashing the Philz Touch Recovery as well.

UPDATE 2: Tried a different version of Odin. This time using Odin v3.09 and tried the VRALJB stock rom, it got to flashing the recovery.img then went to sboot.bin and failed.

UPDATE 3: Ok, using Odin v3.09 flashed philz touch recovery with Nand Erase All selected and T Flash selected. It went through successfully and am now able to boot to recovery. Seems that I was just using the wrong version of Odin3...I think...I hope...lol

UPDATE 4: Ok, so that didn't work. I was able to get into the stock recovery. But was unable to boot into android itself. Figured it's because there was nothing on it, attempted to flash a stock rom, and it still failed at sboot.bin. Attempted to reflash philz touch recovery, still fails. I'll keep trying different things, but I'm running out of things to try until I hit that insane moment where I try everything again expecting different results.

UPDATE 5: Ok, so I'm blind...or somehow didn't come across this thread before. But it helped me to fix the issue...so yeah. Thread link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2120726
#Foreveralone? Haha glad u fixed your issue. Would u mind adding solved to the thread title? Helps loads.

Smack that thanks button If I helped!
Always make a nandroid backup before trying anything risky.
I do respond to questions (most) via PM.
Sent from my fabulous N7105 powered by Illusion ROM and Plasma Kernel.
Sent from dat small country called Singapore.

P.S. Quote my post for replies ASAP.
Smash that Thanks button if I helped!
KitKat came in on my OmniRom, running on my fabulous Note 2.
Sent from a small country called Singapore.
P.S. Time for school, not much time for XDA.

Opt1kal
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwenzhao View Post
#Foreveralone? Haha glad u fixed your issue. Would u mind adding solved to the thread title? Helps loads.
Haha, right? Thank you and got that plugged into the title.
The Following User Says Thank You to Opt1kal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]