5,603,646 Members 37,345 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One Charging Problems.

Tip us?

calebvenner
Old
(Last edited by calebvenner; 24th December 2013 at 02:52 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Unhappy HTC One Charging Problems.

I have had my HTC One for over 6 months now and have very few complaints.
Around 3 months ago (completely stock phone) the phone stopped charging all together, except for occasionally charging when powered off, and even then on a cycle (strong orange light, weak orange light, no light). At the same time USB stopped working, the phone had dents in it so I didn't want to risk my warranty and decided to fix it myself. I pushed a custom recovery(fastboot was working occasionally) and purchased a USB-OTG cable which my phone recognized.
So at this stage the phone detected AC and USB in fastboot, AC when powered OFF and USB-OTG in recovery.
I installed a ViperOne ROM(I think one of the first releases at that stage), yet the problem persisted.
I went through over 10 combinations of ROMs, Recoveries and Kernels until finally, through sheer luck, the problem was solved.
I did a NANDROID back-up and soon forgot the problem ever occurred. Now 3 or more months later the problem has mysteriously reappeared after no further modifications of any sort. I have unfortunately lost the NANDROID back-up and cannot rediscover the solution to my problem. I have now downloaded every major ROM and Kernel on XDA, tried them all, in different orders, with different recoveries. NO LUCK.
I have read every result I can find through searches related to my problem, all suggest returning it for a motherboard replacement. I would rather find a solution which doesn't leave me without my phone. My current situation is a phone that charges in fastboot through AC, not ideal.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated, Caleb.

EDIT: I believe the solution ROM was insertcoin-m7-6.0-4 and an elementalx or bulletproof kernel.

calebvenner
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Details :
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.54.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.21.3218.21
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 3.58.1700.5
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: HT34AW907110
(bootloader) imei: 355859050600535
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0714000
(bootloader) cidnum: OPTUS001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3835mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-5d4c562c
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
The Following User Says Thank You to calebvenner For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

atlzonly89
Old
Thanks Meter 5
try doing a warrenty exchange through your carrier, that might help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebvenner View Post
I have had my HTC One for over 6 months now and have very few complaints.
Around 3 months ago (completely stock phone) the phone stopped charging all together, except for occasionally charging when powered off, and even then on a cycle (strong orange light, weak orange light, no light). At the same time USB stopped working, the phone had dents in it so I didn't want to risk my warranty and decided to fix it myself. I pushed a custom recovery(fastboot was working occasionally) and purchased a USB-OTG cable which my phone recognized.
So at this stage the phone detected AC and USB in fastboot, AC when powered OFF and USB-OTG in recovery.
I installed a ViperOne ROM(I think one of the first releases at that stage), yet the problem persisted.
I went through over 10 combinations of ROMs, Recoveries and Kernels until finally, through sheer luck, the problem was solved.
I did a NANDROID back-up and soon forgot the problem ever occurred. Now 3 or more months later the problem has mysteriously reappeared after no further modifications of any sort. I have unfortunately lost the NANDROID back-up and cannot rediscover the solution to my problem. I have now downloaded every major ROM and Kernel on XDA, tried them all, in different orders, with different recoveries. NO LUCK.
I have read every result I can find through searches related to my problem, all suggest returning it for a motherboard replacement. I would rather find a solution which doesn't leave me without my phone. My current situation is a phone that charges in fastboot through AC, not ideal.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated, Caleb.

EDIT: I believe the solution ROM was insertcoin-m7-6.0-4 and an elementalx or bulletproof kernel.

calebvenner
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlzonly89 View Post
try doing a warrenty exchange through your carrier, that might help.
Well, if it comes to that I will have to. This post is more about trying to gain some understanding as to what the problem is.
The Following User Says Thank You to calebvenner For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]