Tip us?

thadd66
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] nexus 7 v1 is now blind and apx after 4.4.2 update

Hi looking for help.

New unrooted nexus 7 2012 was working great on 4.3

Update for 4.4.2 came in notifications. i said to install. error during install,. dead robot figure . eventually hold power button down to power down/ restart. powered down but now wont restart or show anything on screen regardless of button hold combinations or charging. happened 36 hours ago.

when i try to connect to computer it says it cant find drivers and is only registering under usb

if i hold down the power button it will re- register out of usb higher up chain as APX but will not let me update the driver. i was going to attempt this with wugfresh.

Any help would be great. this was supposed to be my girls present.

thadd66
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default hoping for Help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd66 View Post
Hi looking for help.

New unrooted nexus 7 2012 was working great on 4.3

Update for 4.4.2 came in notifications. i said to install. error during install,. dead robot figure . eventually hold power button down to power down/ restart. powered down but now wont restart or show anything on screen regardless of button hold combinations or charging. happened 36 hours ago.

when i try to connect to computer it says it cant find drivers and is only registering under usb

if i hold down the power button it will re- register out of usb higher up chain as APX but will not let me update the driver. i was going to attempt this with wugfresh.

Any help would be great. this was supposed to be my girls present.
Please help!

noradoor
Old
Thanks Meter 43
What about pressing power button for around 20 seconds? Would it reboot your N7?
Once you could see Google logo and enter into bootloader mode by way of key combination, then I think you'll be able to get it back.

It did happen to me when I was trying to flash factory images, and my computer detected APX mode, too.
After trying the key combination a couple of times, I finally entered into bootloader.