XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Paranoid Android not working?

Tip us?

dlee96
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Paranoid Android not working?

So I have a VERIZON G2 and have rooted and also installed TWRP (via Flashify). I downloaded the Paranoid Android and Gapps files from this page (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2502789) and transferred it onto my G2.

Next, I entered TWRP, and did a factory reset via the wipe option. Then, I flashed the PA and Gapps files in succession then did the "cache and dalvik" wipe.

When I reboot, here is where I run into problems.

The 4 color circles appear and load but my G2 is stuck there. I have waited for an hour and still nothing worked. So I entered TWRP again, did another factory reset, flashed both files, and rebooted; but still no success.

Can anyone tell me why this isn't working? I have TWRP 2.6.3.2 and the latest PA and Gapps files from the thread pasted above. Could this be from using Flashify to install TWRP?

Thanks!

Dick Ripple
Old
(Last edited by Dick Ripple; 24th December 2013 at 05:15 AM.)
Thanks Meter 41
You need to wipe the system. When you do the factory reset it only wipes user data and cache. I believe in twrp you have to do a custom wipe and tell it to wipe system.

dlee96
Old
(Last edited by dlee96; 24th December 2013 at 05:21 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Ripple View Post
You need to wipe the system. When you do the factory reset it only wipes user data and cache.
How do you wipe the system? I don't see an option for that in TWRP. I only see "Advanced Wipe" and "Format Data" buttons (if that's what you call them), and the "Swipe to Factory Reset" at the bottom.

Also, in the "Advanced Wipe" section, there are options to check "Dalvik Cache", "System", "Data", "Internal Storage", and "Cache". You can check these then "Swipe to wipe" at the bottom.

Judge Joseph Dredd
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Judgment is Coming
Thanks Meter 21358
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlee96 View Post
How do you wipe the system? I don't see an option for that in TWRP. I only see "Advanced Wipe" and "Format Data" buttons (if that's what you call them), and the "Swipe to Factory Reset" at the bottom.

Also, in the "Advanced Wipe" section, there are options to check "Dalvik Cache", "System", "Data", "Internal Storage", and "Cache". You can check these then "Swipe to wipe" at the bottom.
In the "Advanced Wipe" section, wipe the "Dalvik Cache", "System", "Data", and "Cache". Do not wipe inter storage....

Then do a factory reset...

Control Operator 1: Do you require backup? Judge Dredd: No.

You require Assistance, just @ or send it, to my Inbox.
The Following User Says Thank You to Judge Joseph Dredd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Higgins12
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
I don't see an option for that in TWRP.

Quote:
in the "Advanced Wipe" section, there are options to check "Dalvik Cache", "System", "Data", "Internal Storage", and "Cache".
You answered yourself cause that's the options you should select. Don't select "internal Storage" though or you'll be wiping your internal SD

Besides that you could have asked in the respective Q&A Thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2542343

Jimi Mack
Old
Thanks Meter 141
Quote:
So I have a VERIZON G2 and have rooted and also installed TWRP (via Flashify). I downloaded the Paranoid Android and Gapps files from this page (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2502789) and transferred it onto my G2.

Next, I entered TWRP, and did a factory reset via the wipe option. Then, I flashed the PA and Gapps files in succession then did the "cache and dalvik" wipe.

When I reboot, here is where I run into problems.

The 4 color circles appear and load but my G2 is stuck there. I have waited for an hour and still nothing worked. So I entered TWRP again, did another factory reset, flashed both files, and rebooted; but still no success.

Can anyone tell me why this isn't working? I have TWRP 2.6.3.2 and the latest PA and Gapps files from the thread pasted above. Could this be from using Flashify to install TWRP?

Thanks!
If I recall correctly I believe you need to have TWRP 2.6.3.3 for PA to flash correctly. I would restore the nandroid back up you made, well I hope you made. Flash TWRP to 2.6.3.3 and then try installing the rom again.