Tip us?

tiredofit
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Location: Riding my bicycle around the world, currently in Zambia

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation [Q] Black Screen Brick / Android Logo - Different than the others

A pretty girl here in Zambia found out I know a bit about technology and brought me her Tab 2 GT3100.

Upon Power or USB insertion it boots to the 2nd Android Screen, and that's where it sits over and over again.

Upon trying to enter Recovery Mode - I get the fallen android with the stomach open.
Upon trying to enter Download mode, well, I can't.

I've managed to get an adb connection off and on upon bootup and can even get a logcat.
I cannot enter download mode via adb reboot download.

I can get access to the root filesystem via adb shell - and just for fun, I deleted contents of /dalvik-cache /cache and many 3rd party apps in /data

Still, the unit doesn't want to boot.

Any idea on this one? Is there a way that it can be reflashed via an SD Card? Can I push an image via ADB? ADB shell?

If I can get this to work, my days might just become brighter.

aditya rathee
Old
Thanks Meter 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredofit View Post
A pretty girl here in Zambia found out I know a bit about technology and brought me her Tab 2 GT3100.

Upon Power or USB insertion it boots to the 2nd Android Screen, and that's where it sits over and over again.

Upon trying to enter Recovery Mode - I get the fallen android with the stomach open.

I've managed to get an adb connection off and on upon bootup and can even get a logcat.

I can get access to the root filesystem via adb shell - and just for fun, I deleted contents of /dalvik-cache /cache and many 3rd party apps in /data

Any idea on this one? Is there a way that it can be reflashed via an SD Card? Can I push an image via ADB? ADB shell?

buddy as you are not able to boot in download mode or recovery i think it is bricked as you say black screen is observed
try triangle away to unbrick it
or customer care center always welcome you

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU

Audio God
Old
Thanks Meter 9718

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredofit View Post

Try it it recognised with pc odin. ...
If yes flash stock rom your issues will be solved

Dont Forget To HiT Thanks Button
PLEASE DON'T SAY THANKSJUST PRESS BUTTON

Tags
black screen, brick, no download