5,606,151 Members 35,824 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TUTORIAL] Unlock Your SIM Mode [Buttery Easy Style]

Tip us?

Xperi.a
Old
(Last edited by Xperi.a; 24th December 2013 at 08:34 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Info 2 [TUTORIAL] Unlock Your SIM Mode [Buttery Easy Style]

Unlocking your sim mode is very easy in HTC Sprint One

Steps To Follow:

1- Unlock Your Bootloader (Google around)
2- Open your dialpad and dial " *#*#4636#*#*
3- Tap on Phone Information
4- You will see a black screen with lots of things. Scroll down and find " Set Preferred network type "
5- You will possibly see CDMA+evdo or something like this.
6- Click on it and scroll down or up to find GSM only.
7- Turn off the radio and turn the radio on after 30 secs.
8- Restart your device and you are DONE!

Let me know if it helped
The Following User Says Thank You to Xperi.a For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

elvisypi
Old
Thanks Meter 1243

DONATE TO ME
Who ever told you this??? This is not SIM unlock, this is just changing the network mode, which can also be done is settings. The SIM unlock is http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2386703 Don't go around opening threads about things you don't know

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
if you like my post
Devices:
HTC One
ROM : InsertCoin 7.1-4

HTC Sensation
ROM : ViperS 5.0 Sense 5
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elvisypi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EPayne123
Old
Thanks Meter 151
This is what you want to do AFTER you SIM Unlock. Good step by step guide and could be used as informational as more detailed and manual way of changing network mode to change network type from CDMA to GSM usage for the time being. I appreciate the gesture though.
Sprint HTC One(Unrooted)
Upgraded From Sprint Galaxy SIII, HTC EVO 4G LTE and Google Nexus 4 16GB(Unlocked)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EPayne123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Comet1966
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisypi View Post
Who ever told you this??? This is not SIM unlock, this is just changing the network mode, which can also be done is settings. The SIM unlock is http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2386703 Don't go around opening threads about things you don't know

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
This tutorial does more than what you can do in the settings menu, please try being more considerate of what people are doing. If they are wrong give them an informational lesson, don't just call them an idiot and move on, you'll lose respect very easily.
You should hit that Thanks button if I have helped you!

Samsung Intercept -> LG Optimus S -> HTC Evo Shift 4G -> Samsung Nexus S 4G -> Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G LTE -> Motorola photon Q -> HTC ONE

Rom: Depends on the day! XD
The Following User Says Thank You to Comet1966 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rirere
Old
Thanks Meter 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet1966 View Post
This tutorial does more than what you can do in the settings menu, please try being more considerate of what people are doing. If they are wrong give them an informational lesson, don't just call them an idiot and move on, you'll lose respect very easily.
While I agree that the response could have been more polite, poster was fundamentally correct. You can swap your phone to GSM/UTMS mode via settings, and the *#*#4636#*#* isn't a groundbreakingly new menu that's been around on most Android handsets to date. Long and short of it is that this thread is at the least mistakenly titled, although likely with good intentions.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rirere For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Comet1966
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rirere View Post
While I agree that the response could have been more polite, poster was fundamentally correct. You can swap your phone to GSM/UTMS mode via settings, and the *#*#4636#*#* isn't a groundbreakingly new menu that's been around on most Android handsets to date. Long and short of it is that this thread is at the least mistakenly titled, although likely with good intentions.
Yes I PM'd the OP earlier asking him to change the Title.
You should hit that Thanks button if I have helped you!

Samsung Intercept -> LG Optimus S -> HTC Evo Shift 4G -> Samsung Nexus S 4G -> Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G LTE -> Motorola photon Q -> HTC ONE

Rom: Depends on the day! XD
The Following User Says Thank You to Comet1966 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Xperi.a
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet1966 View Post
Yes I PM'd the OP earlier asking him to change the Title.
Thread title updated. Thanks for the PM mate

The Following User Says Thank You to Xperi.a For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]