XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] setting variables

Tip us?

danwguy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Default [Q] setting variables

So I was wondering if there is a way to set a variable to something, then change it dynamically based on an event. Here is an example of an end goal with what I mean. So you make a widget that shows the forecast and all items have some form of
[bo]$#TMU_ISPLAYING#=1?0:100$[/bo]
To hide if media is playing (when combined with media utilities). I would like to take this a bit further and say, if I have that same widget, a forecast widget and down in the corner is an icon, by clicking that icon(the event) it changes the value of a variable in zooper, and the widget can change based on that. Much like with the TMU_ISPLAYING, except with this, your click changes the variable and not an outside app. Does anyone know if this is possible at all, even just a very random workaround solution would be cool, I just want to be able to change a widget based on a click. Thanks in advance.
If I've helped at all, feel free to hit that thanks button
Current device: Nexus 7 running the great paranoid android
Also: Galaxy Nexus Toro 4g lte running .... The great paranoid android

kwerdenker
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1541
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwguy View Post
So I was wondering if there is a way to set a variable to something, then change it dynamically based on an event. Here is an example of an end goal with what I mean. So you make a widget that shows the forecast and all items have some form of
[bo]$#TMU_ISPLAYING#=1?0:100$[/bo]
To hide if media is playing (when combined with media utilities). I would like to take this a bit further and say, if I have that same widget, a forecast widget and down in the corner is an icon, by clicking that icon(the event) it changes the value of a variable in zooper, and the widget can change based on that. Much like with the TMU_ISPLAYING, except with this, your click changes the variable and not an outside app. Does anyone know if this is possible at all, even just a very random workaround solution would be cool, I just want to be able to change a widget based on a click. Thanks in advance.
This is possible with Tasker. Zooper has a built-in Tasker plugin so you can send data from Tasker to Zooper and I have used it for the same thing you are trying to do. If you are used to work with Tasker it's really easy to setup but if you are new to Tasker, it might take you a bit to figure it out. Here is a link on how this generally works: http://www.jagwar.de/en/zooper-tasker-variables/. To get you started, you can find my task here. To use Tasker tasks from Zooper, you set them as a Module OnTap action via the Tasker shortcut action.

Hope this helps you out enough to get you going
Mobile: LG Nexus 4 | ROM: Paranoid Android 4.0 + Xposed | Kernel: faux Kernel
Tablet: Asus Nexus 7 (2013) | ROM: Paranoid Android 3+ | Kernel: faux Kernel