5,604,443 Members 48,520 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Worlds most expensive TV stick.. how to?

Tip us?

ragarok
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Plug Worlds most expensive TV stick.. how to?

Hi

I've just had an accident with my Galaxy S4 LTE, which broke it in a major way which completely broke the screen and digitizer as the phone got stuck in a car door slammed shut... really nasty

somehow by some miracle it still works, buttons, speakers, charging and all, just not the screen and I am thinking I will just use it as the most expensive android TV stick there is, with bluetooth keyboard and usb video out but I have one pickle.

right now I have MIUI rom, without USB debugging and broken video out, and I am thinking I need original samsung rom to get the video-out capabilites, but as I do not have a screen on my S4 so I think I would have to make a custom rom with remote desktop and/or usb debugging enabled so I can use my computer to set it up but I don't know how I can do any of that and I'm looking here for pointers and help.

Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	2471149   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 5.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	2471150   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	178.5 KB
ID:	2471151  

Repulsa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1482

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragarok View Post
Hi

I've just had an accident with my Galaxy S4 LTE, which broke it in a major way which completely broke the screen and digitizer as the phone got stuck in a car door slammed shut... really nasty

somehow by some miracle it still works, buttons, speakers, charging and all, just not the screen and I am thinking I will just use it as the most expensive android TV stick there is, with bluetooth keyboard and usb video out but I have one pickle.

right now I have MIUI rom, without USB debugging and broken video out, and I am thinking I need original samsung rom to get the video-out capabilites, but as I do not have a screen on my S4 so I think I would have to make a custom rom with remote desktop and/or usb debugging enabled so I can use my computer to set it up but I don't know how I can do any of that and I'm looking here for pointers and help.

Any suggestions?
did you try an MHL adapter yet and connect it to your tv

Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

If I've helped you at all, PLEASE, atleast hit that thanks Button right there >

Remember "Im not responsible if anything happen to your phone as a result of flashing anything"

ragarok
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
did you try an MHL adapter yet and connect it to your tv
Yep, that's a bust but that is not a big surprise for me because I have turned it off, along with usb debugging