Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II Stuck On Bootloop

Tip us?

Amigahd
Old
(Last edited by Amigahd; 24th December 2013 at 09:45 AM.) Reason: correction
Thanks Meter 2
Here is a brief how-to:

1. download the Stock rom and odin.

2. Restart your phone. Before the phone has a chance to start hold the volume down key + home key + power key all at once. This takes you into download mode. Download screen opens press volume up key to get into download mode.

3. Open Odin and in the PDA slot: locate your Stock rom you downloaded and select it. Odin will verify it and you should see in left pain it saying it succeeded

4. Make sure only the checkboxes (on the left side) “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” are checked

5. click Start

This will install the stock rom. Phone will reboot and go into recovery mode then reboot again I believe, trying to recall that from memory.

If your phone gets into the Logo screen loop and wont load phone, Try this:

1. Download the Pit file for the phone – do a search on XDA and youll find it.

2. Put phone into download mode like stated above,

3. Open Odin

4. In the Pit slot locate your downloaded Pit file and select it.

5. Make sure “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” and “Re Partition” are checked

6. Click Start

Using the Pit file is used in rare cases and as a Last resort as it can cause your phone to Brick if it fails in the Flash process.

I assume no responsibility for you trying this and using this method I have mentioned. It has worked for me but may not for you.

I hope this helps
The Following User Says Thank You to Amigahd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Werkshop712
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil.kdhand View Post
Go to sammobile and download from firmware option.... Give your model number there.... Select the 4.3 rom from the list.... Download pit file and odin too....

Thanks,

Nikhil Dhand
Email : Nikhil.kdhand@gmail.com
Okay so I got the md5 file and tried to flash it, but it failed. I put it in the PDA section, let it load, checked the box, and clicked start, but it failed. So I tried again and now it's stuck on:
"<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I605VRUEMJ9_I605VZWEMJ9_I605VRUEMJ9_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/006> Added!!
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection.."

Werkshop712
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I restarted everything and tried again, but it still failed. Here's the log:
Quote:
<ID:0/006> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I605VRUEMJ9_I605VZWEMJ9_I605VRUEMJ9_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Initialzation..
<ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/006> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/006> sboot.bin
<ID:0/006> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/006> FAIL!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Amigahd
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werkshop712 View Post
I restarted everything and tried again, but it still failed. Here's the log:
Make sure you are using the usb cable that came with the phone as alot of aftermarket cords dont work well for this type of procedure, if not available try another cord. Do this before flashing the pit file.

Download the Pit file, and run the pit file first. See if that works. You may also want to let the phone try and load and see if it works before doing the Rom flash.

If the pit file flashes then run Odin again and flash with the Rom image.
The Following User Says Thank You to Amigahd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Werkshop712
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Success!!! The re-partition fixed it! I'm so happy to not have bricked my phone. Thank you to everyone who helped.

I think I'm gonna stay safe with stock phones for awhile, haha.

Werkshop712
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Oh, should I still flash the ROM? It seems to be working just fine after the re-partition. Could anything go wrong?

Amigahd
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werkshop712 View Post
Oh, should I still flash the ROM? It seems to be working just fine after the re-partition. Could anything go wrong?
Awesome, I am glad you got it to work with the PIT file. In my experience as long as you can get the phone back up and running with the PIT file you are good to go. If you notice down the road that some instability issues occur you could flash back to rom, but at this point your good.

have a Great Holiday

---------- Post added at 06:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 AM ----------

Oh I thought Id mention incase you hadnt noticed, you most likely lost root, not sure what you your needs of root are but if you do need root check the forums for rooting the new 4.3.

I did mine using a program that I never used before (wasnt from XDA) but it worked.

Big draw back in 4.3 is Wifi tethering now gets checked by verizon so it blocks third party widgets from working around it. There is a mod for that if you get 4.3 rooted but, I havent found the thread for mod yet on here, but it exists.