[Q] So are the hopes of a unlocked bootloader fading away?

Search This thread

clapper66

Apr 17, 2013
As you can see by the title do you think the hopes of a unlocked bootloader fading away for the Galaxy s4? if so do you plan to switch devices?

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
As you can see by the title do you think the hopes of a unlocked bootloader fading away for the Galaxy s4? if so do you plan to switch devices?

There's still a few people working on it and I follow those threads, very interesting stuff.
For now Safestrap is still a gift.
I think the S4 isn't going out without a fight. It's an awesome phone and many devs still have one so hopefully their hard work pays off sooner than later.
I've looked into another phone myself and keep coming back to the S4 myself.
Flashing an AOSP rom isn't worth it to me to lose things like an SD card or removable battery.. So here I am with HD11 on my stock slot!

Verizon Galaxy S4
Safestrap 3.7
HYPERDRIVE 11

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
There's still a few people working on it and I follow those threads, very interesting stuff.
For now Safestrap is still a gift.
I think the S4 isn't going out without a fight. It's an awesome phone and many devs still have one so hopefully their hard work pays off sooner than later.
I've looked into another phone myself and keep coming back to the S4 myself.
Flashing an AOSP rom isn't worth it to me to lose things like an SD card or removable battery.. So here I am with HD11 on my stock slot!

Verizon Galaxy S4
Safestrap 3.7
HYPERDRIVE 11
Flashing an AOSP rom has nothing to do with your sd card or removable battery lol. Trust me the battery still comes out of the phone. :p

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Flashing an AOSP rom has nothing to do with your sd card or removable battery lol. Trust me the battery still comes out of the phone. :p

He asked about maybe getting rid of the s4 and when I did actually think about that... The G2 was one I looked at... Along with HTC.
Neither of which you can remove the battery or have an SD card. Right? Maybe I'm wrong..
So that's where I was coming from there.
It's early maybe I just wasn't clear enough. I obviously know those two features have nothing to do with an AOSP rom lol

Edit-
Yea Josh I see what you're saying.
I wrote that other one before my coffee lol
Verizon Galaxy S4
Safestrap 3.7
HYPERDRIVE 11

Last edited:
Reactions: joshm.1219

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
He asked about maybe getting rid of the s4 and when I did actually think about that... The G2 was one I looked at... Along with HTC.
Neither of which you can remove the battery or have an SD card.
It's early maybe I just wasn't clear enough. I obviously know those two features have nothing to do with an AOSP rom lol

Edit-
Verizon Galaxy S4
Safestrap 3.7
HYPERDRIVE 11
I feel you I haven't gotten my coffee yet. :( My keurig broke last week, it's been a struggle.

Reactions: Mistertac
R

richii0207

Yes, that's why manufacturers are selling developer editions like Motorola and Samsung...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
Why would I give up the best hardware thats out there?? Hashcode has given us the opportunity to load Custom Roms and we have devs like sbreen doing a hell of a job. I feel for those that will be missing out.

thats just me saying...............

Reactions: Mistertac
R

richii0207

Also, I think I'll leave this here. Apparently, nobody knows anything about what samsung and Verizon offers.

http://m.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-s4-developer-edition-goes-sale-650
Buy this and end your rants.

Now hopefully everyone reads that and stops babbling about all this bootloader talk . It's getting really old....

This forum is now plagued with either FAQ that are asked and answered 5 times a day or people starting the same threads over and over with different wording. What ever happened to the old days where people actually read?

Last edited:

gnubian

Mar 15, 2012
Asheville
Also, I think I'll leave this here. Apparently, nobody knows anything about what samsung and Verizon offers.

Now hopefully everyone reads that and stops babbling about all this bootloader talk . It's getting really old....

This forum is now plagued with either FAQ that are asked and answered 5 times a day or people starting the same threads over and over with different wording. What ever happened to the old days where people actually read?

That's old news, expensive, and pointless now that they refuse to roll out updates for it.

clapper66

Apr 17, 2013

So i have a fully functioning S4 why the F**K would i go waste money on another phone that i already own just for an unlocked bootloader... i would rather use safestrap for now. i would love to run an AOSP ROM but using hyperdrive with safestrap is already 100 times better then the stock TouchWiz.

clapper66

Apr 17, 2013
Only if verizon supported the nexus 5:( i would dump my s4 in a heartbeat for it, becuase it has beter hardware and is only $350 for the 16GB and $400 for the 32GB

Reactions: equake
R

richii0207

So i have a fully functioning S4 why the F**K would i go waste money on another phone that i already own just for an unlocked bootloader... i would rather use safestrap for now. i would love to run an AOSP ROM but using hyperdrive with safestrap is already 100 times better then the stock TouchWiz.

Well, you could sell your s4 and buy the developer edition or you could've bought one from the beginning. I guess you don't "want" the unlocked BL that bad?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Neither of which you can remove the battery or have an SD card. Right? Maybe I'm wrong..

Edit-
    Verizon Galaxy S4
    Safestrap 3.7
    HYPERDRIVE 11
    Neither of which you can remove the battery or have an SD card.

Edit-
    Verizon Galaxy S4
    Safestrap 3.7
    HYPERDRIVE 11
    I feel you I haven't gotten my coffee yet. :( My keurig broke last week, it's been a struggle.

Haha I'm actually surprised I've made as much sense as I did. Hey Santa is gonna hook you up I bet!!
    Thanks for setting me Straight
    :D

Verizon Galaxy S4
    Safestrap 3.7
    HYPERDRIVE 11
    Why would I give up the best hardware thats out there?? Hashcode has given us the opportunity to load Custom Roms and we have devs like sbreen doing a hell of a job. I feel for those that will be missing out.

thats just me saying...............
    Only if verizon supported the nexus 5:( i would dump my s4 in a heartbeat for it, becuase it has beter hardware and is only $350 for the 16GB and $400 for the 32GB