5,600,182 Members 40,295 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to fix HTC One only booting to Recovery?

Tip us?

TunedTimbre
Old
(Last edited by TunedTimbre; 24th December 2013 at 05:55 AM.) Reason: specified
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How to fix HTC One only booting to Recovery?

I tried to install a KitKat Rom but ended up having my One boot up and reboot to recovery. Unfortunately I decided not to make a backup because I felt I had gone through the motions enough times to know what I was doing, and now I can only boot to the Rom that won't work. I found another rom that I used before sitting in my computer, but I can't seem to use adb to push it (unless I'm doing it wrong) into my phone's storage so I can use recovery to boot into it. Help!

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 658

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedTimbre View Post
I tried to install a KitKat Rom but ended up having my One boot up and reboot to recovery. Unfortunately I decided not to make a backup because I felt I had gone through the motions enough times to know what I was doing, and now I can only boot to the Rom that won't work. I found another rom that I used before sitting in my computer, but I can't seem to use adb to push it (unless I'm doing it wrong) into my phone's storage so I can use recovery to boot into it. Help!
First kitkat roms require s-off and the newest version of TWRP 2.6.3.3
so you can update your recovery and get s-off and reflash the kitkat or you can push the old rom you have to the phone.
http://rumrunner.us/ for s-off
recovery is here - http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7
ADB Push from Recovery
adb push rom.zip /data/media/0/
the file you push must be in the same directory as ADB
HTC One 32 GB AT&T (S-off, Unlocked, Rooted)
Please help keep www.htc1guru.com Alive and Donate
The Following User Says Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]