[Q] Official CyanogenMod and root

Tip us?

Talung
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] Official CyanogenMod and root

Hey all,

Just installed the Official Cyanogenmod on my N1 and lo and behold, root has run away.

ROM here: cyanogenmod(dot)org/hardware/oppo-n1/#images

I installed the TWRP Recovery and tried to let it install Root and it appears that it sort of does with the SuperSU app, but other root checkers and Titanium fail hard on this.

Anybody got any ideas on how to root Cyanogenmod? (Just sounds weird to say that)

Thanks
Tal

Harfainx
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 545
I had to flash SuperSU in recovery. I encountered the same issue. TWRP didn't root, even though it said that it did. Updating SuperSU within android didn't help. So I flashed it manually.

Sent from my N1 using Tapatalk
team d3rp

ArchosFans Forum
Archos Gamepad OUYA Nexus 10 Nexus 7 (2013)
Oppo N1 HTC One (Sprint) Samsung Galaxy S4 (Sprint)

Recycled phones: HTC EVO 4G LTE, SGS3, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, HTC Touch Pro 2, LG Rumor 2, + Older
Recycled Tablets: Nexus 7 (2012), Archos G9 101, Archos G8 101, Archos 9 PC, Archos 5 (Android)

Talung
Old
(Last edited by Talung; 24th December 2013 at 02:43 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
When you say flashed it manually. Was that through fastboot? ADB? or from the recovery.

Also, are we talking about UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.86.zip from download.chainfire(dot)eu/supersu

I tried that through recovery and still get /system/xbin/su command missing in Titanium.

Thanks

Talung
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talung View Post
When you say flashed it manually. Was that through fastboot? ADB? or from the recovery.

Also, are we talking about UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.86.zip from download.chainfire(dot)eu/supersu

I tried that through recovery and still get /system/xbin/su command missing in Titanium.

Thanks
Ok good News, what I mentioned above through recovery works just fine.

Issues:
  • Remove all previous instances of it from OS (from inside the SuperSU app, select Switch superuser app or Unroot)
  • WIPE DALVIK CACHE!!!

Hope this helps others.
Thanks
Tags
cyanogenmod, oppon1, root