5,593,650 Members 39,172 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Firmware flash failed, stuck on black HTC Screen

Tip us?

Dig.Taylor
Old
(Last edited by Dig.Taylor; 23rd December 2013 at 10:15 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Firmware flash failed, stuck on black HTC Screen

N/M, managed to flash RUU and get back to fastboot recovery. I'm sure I can make this work from here.

I was attempting to updated my firmware and then flash a stock rom to correct some GPS and network issues I've had running Santod's 4.4.2 rom. The Firmware flash failed but because I'm an idiot I rebooted my phone. Now I can't access ADB, fastboot commands run but don't work and my phone is stuck on a black HTC screen with an error triangle in each corner. Can anyone suggest what I should do? Am I totally out of luck here?

Dig.Taylor
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
OK, I think I'm in serious trouble here. This is where things stand. I've got updated firmware and recovery installed. I have fastboot, but no ADB. I've attempted reinstalling drivers, using different ports, the lot. ADB is just not going to happen as far as I can tell. I have no rom on my SD card because in the course of all this madness, my SD card was wiped. I have attempted to use fastboot flash zip commands to push sense and GPE roms, but I get the following error: FAILED (remote: 24 parsing android-info fail). I've been able to get CWM and TWRP recoveries installed but because I don't have any zips on my sdcard, they are useless. Since I can't get ADB to recognize my phone, the ADB sideload options don't work either.

Dig.Taylor
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
This is now the chronicle of my attempt to get my phone back. After uninstalling/deleting all the HTC drivers as well as the complete Android SDK, reinstalling the SDK, installing the universal naked driver, I finally have ADP talking to my phone. Right now I'm pushing the latest stock rom to my phone. Cross your fingers, me!

BladeRunner
Old
Thanks Meter 93
How did it go? Are you up and running?