5,597,871 Members 38,637 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

deleting rom from safestrap help!

Tip us?

ickray
Old
(Last edited by ickray; 23rd December 2013 at 07:58 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question deleting rom from safestrap help!

I was able to get HD11 installed and running fine, except wifi didn't work. I selected both the rom and module zip before install, but I was told wifi didn't work because I was supposed to flash the module AFTER the first reboot after HD11 install. I wanted to start over from scratch and deleted rom slot 1, but its still showing very little space left so I don't think I correctly deleted the rom (might of just deleted the rom slot, not the actual rom files). Should I have used the wipe feature? Can anyone please help me with directions on what to do to get SS back to before I created a ROM slot, and HD11 deleted so I can start over, thank you!

gnubian
Old
(Last edited by gnubian; 23rd December 2013 at 02:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by ickray View Post
I was able to get HD11 installed and running fine, except wifi didn't work. I selected both the rom and module zip before install, but I was told wifi didn't work because I was supposed to flash the module AFTER the first reboot after HD11 install. I wanted to start over from scratch and deleted rom slot 1, but its still showing very little space left so I don't think I correctly deleted the rom (might of just deleted the rom slot, not the actual rom files). Should I have used the wipe feature? Can anyone please help me with directions on what to do to get SS back to before I created a ROM slot, and HD11 deleted so I can start over, thank you!
If you re-read the OP it states to remove safestrap via the app. Hope that helps.

Chadwick108
Old
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Default delete rom slot 1

I have had issues with HD installing in slot 1, I am not sure why but slot 2 or 3 have worked much better for me when installing Hyperdrive. I would suggest trying this and see if it works for you as well.

Hope this helps!
Currently using RLS15 and Latest Safestrap version on MJ7 Base in STOCK for call recording and touchwiz!\Rom Slot 3 Running FoxHound for Better battery life!
Razr maxx also supporting hashcode running SS 3.11 and RLS7 slot 1 with
Compatability Flasher

sushi-gee
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I installed it following the instructions and did not reboot before installing the MJ7 module zip. It works with WIFI for me. I came from ME7.

klabit87
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Did you get this worked out @ickray?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
If I have helped please hit the thanks button!
------------------------------------------------------
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
Rom: FOXHOUND DIAMONDDOGS 3.65UPDATED4MDKtoMK2&AnyCarrier-SS-NOKNOX-CLEAN-FAST-THEMED
Recovery: [RECOVERY LOCKED] Safestrap Recovery v3.71 [2013-12-27 EXFAT Fix]

ickray
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by klabit87 View Post
Did you get this worked out @ickray?

I just got everything set up from scratch, I'm making a backup with titanium backup pro right now, so I can have all my apps easily restored once I get the rom installed. I'm only backing up "system apps" since I heard backing up "system apps + data" can screw alot of things up when installing a rom (correct me if I'm wrong). Once I get the backup of my apps on my ext SD card, I'm going for round two of installing HD11 . Thanks for the help so far, I appreciate it.

klabit87
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Ok. Just wondering.

If I have helped please hit the thanks button!
------------------------------------------------------
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
Rom: FOXHOUND DIAMONDDOGS 3.65UPDATED4MDKtoMK2&AnyCarrier-SS-NOKNOX-CLEAN-FAST-THEMED
Recovery: [RECOVERY LOCKED] Safestrap Recovery v3.71 [2013-12-27 EXFAT Fix]