XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need root for 4.3 stock

Tip us?

vtec2k7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Need root for 4.3 stock

Just updated the GSN 2 (verizon) to 4.3 stock, i had root on 4.1.2 but couldnt update with OTA so i returned to stock 4.1.2 and then updated through VZW ota update. this worked but i lost root obviously. is there a root out there that does root without unlocking? I dont need custom roms i just need titanium backup working again. please any help is appreciated. I tried doing with the "CF-Auto-Root-t0ltevzw-t0ltevzw-schi605.tar" file and odin but now after updating to 4.3 i get a different download mode screen. Also the usb drivers dont load anymore in the download mode screen anymore. They were working as i brought phone back to stock 4.1.2 with odin about 20 mins before i downloaded and updated the phone to 4.3 Any ideas why cant load phone with odin anymore?

The only difference i can see is that there are two lines added to the bottom of the list at the top.
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0
RP SWREV: A2

nikhil.kdhand
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Use kingo.... Google it

Thanks,

Nikhil Dhand
Email : Nikhil.kdhand@gmail.com

---------- Post added at 03:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 AM ----------

If you want to root only

Thanks,

Nikhil Dhand
Thanks,

Nikhil Dhand
Chat: nikhil.kdhand@gmail.com
The Following User Says Thank You to nikhil.kdhand For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vtec2k7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
wow thats sad because i have been searching for root for 2 days on google. either i dont know how to google or whatever, Thanks man, thats all i needed and i am back in business. after launching supersu the first time it says that knox might affect the root access. So i told it to try to disable it and it said it did but is that a good thing or will this cause issues for me in the future?

zedhed
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil.kdhand View Post
Use kingo.... Google it

Thanks,

Nikhil Dhand

---------- Post added at 03:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 AM ----------

If you want to root only

Thanks,

Nikhil Dhand
Tried to use kingo and Blogspot method no luck they will not root Verizon Note 2 sch-i605 NO LUCK rooting yet.. any help please

Amigahd
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
Tried to use kingo and Blogspot method no luck they will not root Verizon Note 2 sch-i605 NO LUCK rooting yet.. any help please
I believe I used kingo early this morning and was able to root my Verizon Note 2. Make sure to get their most current download and it should work. Note I had the OTA JB 4,3 update installed.

Mejud
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigahd View Post
I believe I used kingo early this morning and was able to root my Verizon Note 2. Make sure to get their most current download and it should work. Note I had the OTA JB 4,3 update installed.
That's intriguing...I have an utterly stock 4.3, might give it a whirl