XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] iOS like rom

Tip us?

steveninspokane
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] iOS like rom

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction towards an iOs like rom for my Kindle Fire? I plan on letting my 3 yr old use it and he already knows how to use his moms ipad pretty well.

If any one could offer some help, it would be awesome as Google has been of no use for me on this.

androvista
Old
Thanks Meter 278
iOS is not open source, so nobody knows the code to it other than the iOS team itself. Anyways, if you just want a theme, download espier launcher from the play store.

Nobody can create an iOS rom. It can only be iOS themed, which I don't think anybody would want on their Android, and they wouldn't even want it to be hosted on an Android/Windows Phone Developer site.

steveninspokane
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by androvista View Post
iOS is not open source, so nobody knows the code to it other than the iOS team itself. Anyways, if you just want a theme, download espier launcher from the play store.

Nobody can create an iOS rom. It can only be iOS themed, which I don't think anybody would want on their Android, and they wouldn't even want it to be hosted on an Android/Windows Phone Developer site.
Thanks for the reply. So then would espier launcher have the identical look of the iOs interface? Again, this is for a 3yr old that knows how to use an iPad, not an Android.

enriquejones666
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Yeah, it's really the launcher and theme that determines the look, and not so much the ROM. You can install any ROM on here and then install a new launcher and an iOS theme. Just search the play store for "iOS 7 theme", pick the theme you like best and install it and the launcher it is made for.

Nexus7/AOKP4.3.1

androvista
Old
Thanks Meter 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveninspokane View Post
Thanks for the reply. So then would espier launcher have the identical look of the iOs interface? Again, this is for a 3yr old that knows how to use an iPad, not an Android.
Yes, basically it would give an iPhone look, from where you can open applications. The setting panel and all will be android like, even the apps(unless the apps/games are like cut the rope, which are identical on both platforms).

If I helped, Press the thanks Button!!!
<>

steveninspokane
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by androvista View Post
Yes, basically it would give an iPhone look, from where you can open applications. The setting panel and all will be android like, even the apps(unless the apps/games are like cut the rope, which are identical on both platforms).

If I helped, Press the thanks Button!!!
<>
And is this something that requires root or me to install a rom first?

androvista
Old
Thanks Meter 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveninspokane View Post
And is this something that requires root or me to install a rom first?
No, Not neccacary. If you are rooted and have play store, you can search there, or if you are not rooted, and are on amazons ecosystem, just download the apk and install it
The Following User Says Thank You to androvista For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

steveninspokane
Old
(Last edited by steveninspokane; 24th December 2013 at 07:48 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
It seems like Espier Launcher will be of no help as when I go to Amazons website it says that the app is not compatible with my Kindle.

And it seems that the Kindle Fire Utility is useless and will not root my device anyways, so I can't get the play store sideloaded without being root I think.

EDIT
I went to Espier.org and downloaded it directly from them. Great app, thanks for the help!

Tags
ios, kindle, rom, root