XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rom porting

Tip us?

toasterboy1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Rom porting

New to the whole android rom thing. Been using my inc for awhile with a few different roms, there seems to be a lot of activity on here for support and upgrades. I also have a HTC EVO 4G that I ported to Pageplus. It is not active because most of the roms I tried were older and seemed to lack any support and they all had major issues, either performance or sound or data would not work. I am wondering, since the hardware seems to be pretty similar if I could port the inc roms or just use them on the EVO. Even better I wish I could rebuild some of the great roms on here for the EVO but I get lost reading all the different "How To" articles.

tommypacker
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1244

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by toasterboy1 View Post
New to the whole android rom thing. Been using my inc for awhile with a few different roms, there seems to be a lot of activity on here for support and upgrades. I also have a HTC EVO 4G that I ported to Pageplus. It is not active because most of the roms I tried were older and seemed to lack any support and they all had major issues, either performance or sound or data would not work. I am wondering, since the hardware seems to be pretty similar if I could port the inc roms or just use them on the EVO. Even better I wish I could rebuild some of the great roms on here for the EVO but I get lost reading all the different "How To" articles.
Ive had some success porting between two similar devices, but with the EVO, it might be hard because it use Sprint's wimax network which can create issues when porting. You can try by searching for one of the How To Port guides on XDA

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

SimonK9
Old
Thanks Meter 2
if you want a good rom try evervolv
http://evervolv.com/devices/supersonic

im using their roms for htc nexus 1 & htc bravo, very smooth, both already have kitkat

the htc evo is only 4.2 JB but maybe they are working on 4.4 for it too

toasterboy1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Thanks for the responses. Was hoping the Sprint thing would not be an issue since I was on Pageplus. My first attempt at porting would not load past the boot screen. I probably should not have tried the Evervolv 4.4 that is being worked on as my first attempt. I keep trying to use Evervolv on my inc but never really feel in love with it. I keep going back to Tiny's CM 10.1.