5,597,937 Members 38,788 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

stuck in twrp

Tip us?

apollo361
Old
(Last edited by apollo361; 22nd December 2013 at 08:14 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default stuck in twrp

So basically I grew so comfortable flashing ROMs that I decided to stop doing backups.
I flashed the beanstalk 4.4.2 with mods and I got stuck on the boot image. I eventually got it to work flashing in twrp the entire time the same way (davlik, system and cache et c) but for the past couple of days I was thinking my phone was done.

I suppose my question is (posting here since I have less than 10 posts) what can I do to mount my galaxy note 2 (att) in my PC when all I can do is access twrp? The sideload function wasn't processing. So that if I come across an instance when I don't have a backup I can just copy and paste my previous ROM zip onto my external and flash it.

infamous916
Old
Thanks Meter 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo361 View Post
So basically I grew so comfortable flashing ROMs that I decided to stop doing backups.
I flashed the beanstalk 4.4.2 with mods and I got stuck on the boot image. I eventually got it to work flashing in twrp the entire time the same way (davlik, system and cache et c) but for the past couple of days I was thinking my phone was done.

I suppose my question is (posting here since I have less than 10 posts) what can I do to mount my galaxy note 2 (att) in my PC when all I can do is access twrp? The sideload function wasn't processing. So that if I come across an instance when I don't have a backup I can just copy and paste my previous ROM zip onto my external and flash it.
My advice, don't use twrp. Cwm is more stable in my opinion and never had issues for me, also always keep a emergency ROM on your external sd (internal if you don't have one) doesn't have to be anything great or fancy just enough to be able to boot and get a new rom... yea it takes up space but that's better than being stuck without a bootable phone or another option get a small external SD card and keep a ROM on that as a dedicated emergency card and then just pop it in when you need it I always have a spare SD tucked into the back of my battery cover in case I need more space

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7105
The Following User Says Thank You to infamous916 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

apollo361
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default ok

So in cwm I would be able to mount my phone to my PC while in that recovery?
Sacramento? I lived there for 20 years. Carmichael/natomas

dicksteele
Old
Thanks Meter 832
Quote:
Does your PC have a card reader? SDCARD reader?
Always good to have an adapter to plug your phone's sdcard directly into your computer's card reader slot, or buy a usb sdcard adapter.

adb push command will work while in TWRP recovery. I just tried from command line.

adb push {local file's location like c:\backup\rom.zip} /sdcard

Agree with not using TWRP but if you do use 2.6.3.0
Crazy? Some people think walking down the street muttering to yourself is crazy. I'll tell you what crazy is: Crazy is walking down the street with half a cantaloupe on your head, saying: "I'm a hamster. I'm a hamster." That's crazy.
The Following User Says Thank You to dicksteele For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

apollo361
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default yes

For sure.. I'm sure from this moment I'll have my way out. Just wanted to obtain some information in case the day comes that I am not prepared. Thankyou. A card reader does some very logical in this case.

adb push {local file's location like c:\backup\rom.zip} /sdcard

Agree with not using TWRP but if you do use 2.6.3.0[/QUOTE]

infamous916
Old
Thanks Meter 231
Quote:
Yes I live in Sacramento I've lived in antelope elk grove and Arden arcade

Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7105
The Following User Says Thank You to infamous916 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gregsarg
Old
Thanks Meter 2869
Quote:
Originally Posted by infamous916 View Post
Yes I live in Sacramento I've lived in antelope elk grove and Arden arcade

The sweet life there brother..g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
" There are Givers, and there are Takers. Be a Giver, and these things will come back to you. "......................g

And please, donate to your favorite developer...
Without them, we'd be writing on rocks with a stick...g