5,598,657 Members 39,422 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] OG Pro Won't Accept Custom 4.3 Roms

Tip us?

worldextermination
Old
(Last edited by worldextermination; 24th December 2013 at 05:25 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Thumbs down [Q] OG Pro Won't Accept Custom 4.3 Roms

My LG Optimus G Pro (E980 AT&T) will not flash 4.3 roms correctly. I tried using gprorecovery, then ROM Manager App to no avail (both installed from fresh Stock roms, but both gave me status 7 or simply wouldn't install the custom ROMS). Freegee CWM finally worked, and I am able to install 4.4.x roms (SlimKAT and Carbon are the two I've tried, but they are pretty much featureless at this point in time). I tried to install SlimBean 4.3, PAC ROM 4.3, and Carbon 4.3, and they'd all freeze at first boot (PAC ROM specifically gave me the Insert Coin Game Over screen). I am installing these ROMS on fresh flashes of the LGE980AT-01-V10k-310-410-JUN-07-2013.tot (Android 4.1.2) with the LGE980_20130314_LGFLASHv151.dll file. Now, may I ask, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?!?!?! This is so irritating!!! Any suggestions?

worldextermination
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Alright dude, just kill me now. I tried TWRP using Freegee and it worked. Sorry for wasting your time!

deadenz
Old
Thanks Meter 74

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldextermination View Post
My LG Optimus G Pro (E980 AT&T) will not flash 4.3 roms correctly. I tried using gprorecovery, then ROM Manager App to no avail (both installed from fresh Stock roms, but both gave me status 7 or simply wouldn't install the custom ROMS). Freegee CWM finally worked, and I am able to install 4.4.x roms (SlimKAT and Carbon are the two I've tried, but they are pretty much featureless at this point in time). I tried to install SlimBean 4.3, PAC ROM 4.3, and Carbon 4.3, and they'd all freeze at first boot (PAC ROM specifically gave me the Insert Coin Game Over screen). I am installing these ROMS on fresh flashes of the LGE980AT-01-V10k-310-410-JUN-07-2013.tot (Android 4.1.2) with the LGE980_20130314_LGFLASHv151.dll file. Now, may I ask, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?!?!?! This is so irritating!!! Any suggestions?
it's supposed to do that you probably just didn't wait long enough. the first boot after flashing a new rom takes some time
LG G FLEX

worldextermination
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadenz View Post
it's supposed to do that you probably just didn't wait long enough. the first boot after flashing a new rom takes some time
They definitely were corrupted installs. When I used TWRP, the first boot didn't take long at all, not to mention the 4.4 ROMs I installed didn't take too long, either, though that could be contributed to the fact that they had almost none of the acclaimed features the ROMs were known for.