[Q] Maximise storage space

Search This thread

serpentxx

Jul 9, 2011
Perth
Hey guys, i am interested in maximising my HTC One Mini 601s storage space and have seen this but i am unsure if i would be able to use it on my phone, or how to for that matter.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2348256

Straight out of the box the storage is 5.2GB / 16.00GB used and id love to remove the bloatware apps but for some reason using titanium backup with root access wont get rid of them (they just appear again after reset)

Im pretty novice in the ways of android at the moment so i dont want to go deleting files using root explorer and brick my phone.

I thought about putting on the magio rom, but i hear it can potentially be unstable or mysteriously drain battery life.

I guess what i am asking is, what is the best way to bring my phone right back to stock android, remove bloat and maximise space?

RuffBuster

Feb 3, 2012
I'm using Magio R3 and haven't had any battery issues. For me the best version of android for our phones, though I only used stock for a couple of weeks before rooting. I'm able to use the JMZ kernel which has some nice touches, and I don't suffer any wierd bugs. Though with this version a few paid apps are blocked from play store. But easy enough to grab else where and send them a cheque in the post. Magio has some apps removed but not all that can be. I'm still testing which can be removed and which can't.

Anyways.. Only had a glance at this rom cleaner but it might just be for Samsung phones. You wanna search for a HTC one. Personally I don't like these system app removal scripts. They always take something you use and leave stuff you don't. Plus they can still brick your phone if not specifically designed for your phone.

Personally I make a nandroid backup and use Titanium Backup to remove system apps. If you find an app your unsure about Google it, there are a lot of descriptions for all the htc apps on Google.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Reactions: serpentxx

serpentxx

Jul 9, 2011
Perth
Thanks for the reply Ruffbuster,

Ill keep away from ROM cleaners since i can only find a htc one x version.

I don't think i am ready to replace a kernel, but installing the Magio rom could be on the cards later.

I have two questions though

1) Can i completely 'format' my internal storage before i put on the rom, or will that just brick the phone

2) Any idea why Rooted Titanium Backup cant uninstall bloatware (they just re-appear upon reset)

nelvinchi

Apr 3, 2011
London
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 11

I don't think i am ready to replace a kernel, but installing the Magio rom could be on the cards later.

1) Can i completely 'format' my internal storage before i put on the rom, or will that just brick the phone

2) Any idea why Rooted Titanium Backup cant uninstall bloatware (they just re-appear upon reset)

When you are i recovery ready to flash your new ROM, if you want to COMPLETELY loose all your user data, then you wipe a factory reset, then FORMAT data, it will ask you to type "yes" to make sure you actually want to do this....
You can't get rid of the system apps as the system is write-protected - this can be made read/write by either s-off (advanced) or flashing a custom rom (Magio) with the custom kernel built-in.
To debloat, check my post here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2568061

Say thanks if this helps!!!

serpentxx

Jul 9, 2011
Perth
You both deserve a thanks, I didn't see that button haha.

Okay so turning S-OFF, I can only assume doing so will also practically roll out a red carpet to hacks and viruses, and that unrevoked forever app seems to make it easy to turn it off, but instructions are vague at turning it back on.

Just out of curiosity, is there a wiki for general android hacking and terminology?

And i will try your custom romcleaner file, it sounds promising since you recommended it to someone with a HTC One Mini

You guys are great, thanks for being so helpful

nelvinchi

Apr 3, 2011
London
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 11
I assume you are rooted? If so, I can give you a step by step guide to s-off, back to s-on etc - it's easy to do, I've just taken out all the tech talk etc....
You won't become open to hacks, viruses - quite the opposite in fact, as you will be able to install adware and malware blockers etc.
PM me if you want to try.... :)

Sent from my HTC One mini using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

serpentxx

Jul 9, 2011
Perth
Yeah dude i rooted it and its got superuser 1.0.2.8 installed

Perhaps later, its 11PM and im on painkillers for an ear infection so its not the prime time to be messing with my phone :p

Is there anything wrong with using moonshine/rumrunners/unrevoked

they seem fairly straight forward methods

Last edited:

nelvinchi

Apr 3, 2011
London
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 11
I'm not keen on that method - the binary involved, revone, is 400kb, rumrunners download is 25MB.... Personally I'm not keen on "wizards" doing things you can't control.... Plus, you never learn if everything is automated... Hehe! Either way, feel free to give me a shout if you want advice or help.... Take it easy.... :)

serpentxx

Jul 9, 2011
Perth
I PM'd you nelvinchi,

Not sure if you would rather post instructions here or PM them to me, thanks in advanced!

Sirius-C

Dec 13, 2005
Ay Ba'h Gum La'ad
I assume you are rooted? If so, I can give you a step by step guide to s-off, back to s-on etc - it's easy to do, I've just taken out all the tech talk etc....
You won't become open to hacks, viruses - quite the opposite in fact, as you will be able to install adware and malware blockers etc.

Hello nelvinchi,

Could you possible put the instructions here, I too would like to De-Bloat using Titanium Backup but current file system is protected and removed apps re-appear on a restart

Kind Regards

Sirius-C

Dec 13, 2005
Ay Ba'h Gum La'ad
Hello nelvinchi,

Could you possible put the instructions here, I too would like to De-Bloat using Titanium Backup but current file system is protected and removed apps re-appear on a restart

Kind Regards

Cancel that... I followed the instructions here: http://qbking77.com/development/how-to-gain-s-off-on-the-htc-one-with-revone/
although i did get an "error code 2" after inputting "./revone -P" , i just carried on with the reboot then the next command "./revone -s 0 -u"and another reboot and it still worked successfully

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

When you are i recovery ready to flash your new ROM, if you want to COMPLETELY loose all your user data, then you wipe a factory reset, then FORMAT data, it will ask you to type "yes" to make sure you actually want to do this....
    You can't get rid of the system apps as the system is write-protected - this can be made read/write by either s-off (advanced) or flashing a custom rom (Magio) with the custom kernel built-in.
    To debloat, check my post here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2568061

Say thanks if this helps!!!
    I'm using Magio R3 and haven't had any battery issues. For me the best version of android for our phones, though I only used stock for a couple of weeks before rooting. I'm able to use the JMZ kernel which has some nice touches, and I don't suffer any wierd bugs. Though with this version a few paid apps are blocked from play store. But easy enough to grab else where and send them a cheque in the post. Magio has some apps removed but not all that can be. I'm still testing which can be removed and which can't.

Anyways.. Only had a glance at this rom cleaner but it might just be for Samsung phones. You wanna search for a HTC one. Personally I don't like these system app removal scripts. They always take something you use and leave stuff you don't. Plus they can still brick your phone if not specifically designed for your phone.

Personally I make a nandroid backup and use Titanium Backup to remove system apps. If you find an app your unsure about Google it, there are a lot of descriptions for all the htc apps on Google.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

I'm not keen on that method - the binary involved, revone, is 400kb, rumrunners download is 25MB.... Personally I'm not keen on "wizards" doing things you can't control.... Plus, you never learn if everything is automated... Hehe! Either way, feel free to give me a shout if you want advice or help.... Take it easy.... :)